• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok lets move on now ... Southend V Oldham Predictions

WickfordShrimper

President
Southend 4
Oldham 2

With leon back...

If not a narrow 1.0 to us

Tickets selling will so I expect 8000 plus on saturday....

COME ON U SHRIMPERS

ONE TEAM IN SUNNY ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

i've got 1-0 in the pred league so will stick with that here before a crowd of 7500.

I'll go with a 2-1 win - if Leon plays. I think we'll bounce back well from Saturday's setback, although Lee Hughes seems to be getting back on form so he will need to be carefully marshalled.

7,500 will brave the cold weather to watch, I reckon.

Make Plenty of noise Saturday lads and lasses! 3 points is a must, lets help the boys gain them, so we can all look at the table contently on xmas day!

Lee Hughes scored a hat trick v Millwall, not looking good him hitting form before he visits the hall, maybe we should have signed him!

Maybe Tilly should look at the prisons for a new hitman, pardon the punn, but seriously i heard the Yorkshire Ripper can cut open any defence:D

sorry, My Dad is coming for his bi-annual outing to Roots Hall to moan a lot so its going to be a defeat, Don't think he's seen us win since the days of Taylor or Fry!

Can't see it being a massive crowd to be honest being so close to Christmas. This time last year we played Birmingham at home and they brought a very small amount of away support, in my opinion Oldham will bring considerably less. Our home support will be some what dwindled as well.

Hopefully we can get things together and get 3 points my prediction is as follows:-

Score 3-1
Crowd 6647

C'mon you Shrimpers

3 - 1 Shrimpers

L. Clarke to score first

Oldham goal to come as result of penalty.

Alan McCormack to be dismissed

3 - 1 Shrimpers

L. Clarke to score first

Oldham goal to come as result of penalty.

Alan McCormack to be dismissed

10,122 at Roots Hall

I dont wish to sound overly negative but i have got a funny feeling for Saturday and whereas my heart says 3-0 southend, my head says 1-0 Oldham

I'm worried too. Bailey will be suspended and Clarke and Macca may be out as well if they haven't recovered from their respective hamstring injuries.

Back