• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Old fashioned sweets

Speaking of sweet prices - I just spent £3.34 on 2 packs of m and ms, a 3x12 dairy milk bar, a pack of skittles and a pack of fruit tella.

Bloody ridiculous, thinking about it like that. What happened to the days when you could go up to Harvey's just on the corner of South Avenue with a quid and come back with your pockets stuff full of goodies?
You and your other half sound like you keep yourselves very healthy

I just wish they sold them at the old fashioned prices as well! When penny sweets were actually a penny. Or in ORM's and Cricko's case a guinea

A guinea? 21 shillings is a months work for sweeping a chimney dontchew know. Could buy the whole orphanage a racially suspect Blackjack or two with that.

We're students. Healthy for us is managing to go out and not come back with a banging hangover. Which, considering neither of us drink, is fine by us.

To be fair, she was buying a lot of the unbranded homemade stuff - that always costs more.
Both sound like a bundle of fun too.

Who remembers those really hard liquorish sticks? Not sure if you can still get them.They had some sort of print on them and sharp edges.

I also remember those adverts "watch out there's a humphrey about"

Old Fashioned Sweets

There is a shop wide a large assortment of sweets, in Rayleigh. It is called "Sweet Memories", and is at 2A, Eastwood Road, Rayleigh SS6 7DJ. It is just down from the large Co-operative (formerly Somerfield) on the same side. Their telephone number is 0795 220 6608. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

Who remembers those really hard liquorish sticks? Not sure if you can still get them.They had some sort of print on them and sharp edges.

I also remember those adverts "watch out there's a humphrey about"
That was for milk! I remember the licorice sticks too, still love licorice - give me a bag of licorice allsorts and I'm well away!

Back