• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Old Games Console with New TV

Has anyone attempted to play an old console on a new TV and had problems?

Decided to fire up the old N64 (greatest console of all time), but I can't get it to pick up. :sad:

I've got a Toshiba TV (about 2-2.5 years ago).

I have bought an AV conector for the N64 (the yellow, red, white wire thing), and when I put that into the corresponding holes in the TV, it doesn't seem to work.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone attempted to play an old console on a new TV and had problems?

Decided to fire up the old N64 (greatest console of all time), but I can't get it to pick up. :sad:

I've got a Toshiba TV (about 2-2.5 years ago).

I have bought an AV conector for the N64 (the yellow, red, white wire thing), and when I put that into the corresponding holes in the TV, it doesn't seem to work.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

YES! YES! YES! :Worthy:

Get yourself on Ebay / Amazon, i purchased a scart lead to go from my N64 to my Sony TV. Cost less than £10.00 & really brings the picture quality up.

What games are you playing Goldeneye, F Zero-x, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64?

I also bought an additional lead to use with my SNES :happy:

YES! YES! YES! :Worthy:

Get yourself on Ebay / Amazon, i purchased a scart lead to go from my N64 to my Sony TV. Cost less than £10.00 & really brings the picture quality up.

What games are you playing Goldeneye, F Zero-x, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64?

I also bought an additional lead to use with my SNES :happy:

I've subsequently learnt that the scart improves the picture quality, but at this stage I just want a picture at all. I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AV-Composit...&qid=1393597194&sr=8-1&keywords=n64+composite

However, not helping me at all. Thought about getting a scart adaptor for that. Or maybe I should just buy what you sent me - not sure why it would make a difference.

You'll need to chane the channel to AV / scart - assuming you know how to do this.
Or it could be the cartridge at fault, give it the "Nintendo blow"

Yeh, changed to SIDE AV (which is the same for Wii, and so I know it works for that).

I'm wondering if the lead I bought is broken?

Yeh, I tried a few different games, and the old Nintendo blow too.

It terms of games, I will be trying to play as follows:

Goldeneye 007
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64 (my favourite computer game of all time)
Banjo Kazooie
Blast Corps
Diddy Kong Racing

Need to get another copy of Mario Kart 64, and some of the others I had - but those should keep me going, if I could just get it working :'(

Sometimes I wish I still had my N64. Not the same emulating on the Wii.

Best console EVER.

get yourself down to car boot sales, N64 consoles & games are often sold there.
i think youll be better off with the Scart lead, on my TV it overrides what channel i had on before and goes straight to the N64. You may even have to search for the N64 picture manually.

I currently have my N64 using scart & surround sound with sub woofer. Goldeneye never sounded so good :happy:

Anyone fancy an N64 session?

get yourself down to car boot sales, N64 consoles & games are often sold there.
i think youll be better off with the Scart lead, on my TV it overrides what channel i had on before and goes straight to the N64. You may even have to search for the N64 picture manually.

I currently have my N64 using scart & surround sound with sub woofer. Goldeneye never sounded so good :happy:

Anyone fancy an N64 session?

Do you think this would do them same thing with the wire I've already got?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOSO-RGB-...ion_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2ec84ba7ed

your going to need to tune your tv manually to find the N64 if you are using the av style lead (then you can save the channel).

Really? That's interesting.

I'm not suggesting you should know the answer to this, or questioning you ITG, but with the same wires effectively, how come I don't have to do this with the Wii in the same sockets on the TV?

Would you be suggesting I need to do do a Digigal chanel search tune (rather than analogue)?

Really? That's interesting.

I'm not suggesting you should know the answer to this, or questioning you ITG, but with the same wires effectively, how come I don't have to do this with the Wii in the same sockets on the TV?

Would you be suggesting I need to do do a Digigal chanel search tune (rather than analogue)?

I was thinking about the standard ariel connection, sorry.
i can only assume its the N64 or games (really blow them haha)

Does your TV have an S-Video port? If so get the 'N64 S-Video cable - PAL version' from http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/ and see if that works (I assume you're using a PAL UK console?). Costs less than a tenner and will give a better picture than the composite cables you're trying at the moment anyway mate.

It's a shame a lot of the early N64 games released in the UK ran so slow compared to the US and JAP NTSC consoles (good old un-optimised 50Hz Vs 60Hz games), if Rare could get there games to work correctly I never understood why Nintendo wouldn't do the same.

Waverace 64 NTSC Vs PAL Comparison Video

Thanks for your help everyone. Turns out it was the console, must have been a dodgy connection, as trying to move the cartridge about got a picture to flash up.

So, I managed to get another console for £15, and now works a dream.

Spent a large part of my weekend playing Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64 and Goldeneye - AMAZING!

Thanks for your help everyone. Turns out it was the console, must have been a dodgy connection, as trying to move the cartridge about got a picture to flash up.

So, I managed to get another console for £15, and now works a dream.

Spent a large part of my weekend playing Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64 and Goldeneye - AMAZING!

I would still get a scart lead, you wont believe the picture quality.
Glad your enjoying your N64 :thumbsup: YES! YES! YES!

Back