• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Old Gits Club?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Any old timers (with a "football favour", remembering Tony Bentley, paying 6d to go into the West Stand) fancy a meet up? Maybe in Calais so Yogi can get there?

Any old timers (with a "football favour", remembering Tony Bentley, paying 6d to go into the West Stand) fancy a meet up? Maybe in Calais so Yogi can get there?

How about an Old Gits or SUFC Grumpy Old Men Luncheon Club.

Count me in if I am of qualifying age.

Old (SUFC) Gits jolly to Calais.....yer why not.
I'll get the coach booked!

Yes of course I remember Tony no neck,all ears,but a great servant to the club.

Used to play right back ( no. 2 for you younger fans) . Remember going to his testimonial against Stoke in the early seventies.

Toulouse is a lot easier for me - could take in a TFC match while we're there

If anyone was serious about this ........

Feb 7 TFC v Le Mans

Feb 21 TFC v Valenciennes

Mar 7 TFC v Bordeaux

Mar 22 TFC v PSG

Apr 11 TFC v Nantes

Apr 25 TFC v Lorient (not the O's)

May 13 TFC v Lille

May 30 TFC v Lyon

Why not go to Barca? Barcelona Blue can take you to Espanyol... Yogi can have a jolly across the Pyrenees & flights from Stansted are ten a penny. Has Chrissy POwl been there? I'm an OG & BB is even older, with memories of Chisnall, Kurila, Chambers (x2) et al.

Last edited:
If anyone was serious about this ........

Feb 7 TFC v Le Mans

Feb 21 TFC v Valenciennes

Mar 7 TFC v Bordeaux

Mar 22 TFC v PSG

Apr 11 TFC v Nantes

Apr 25 TFC v Lorient (not the O's)

May 13 TFC v Lille

May 30 TFC v Lyon

Salut Yogi,
Out of those, the Lorient game looks favourite, cos I can't see myself going to Huddersfield that day. Also, by then Ryanair re-start the daily service Stansted / Carca but no deals announced for that weekend yet. I have to sort out some work issues so can't guarantee anything yet but its certainly a good idea.

I hope its a better game than the Rennes match I saw at the start of the season!

Sounds a good idea to me too, I'd prefer April/May time but I'm not tied down to anything (apart from Shrimpers at home).

Salut Yogi,
Out of those, the Lorient game looks favourite, cos I can't see myself going to Huddersfield that day. Also, by then Ryanair re-start the daily service Stansted / Carca but no deals announced for that weekend yet. I have to sort out some work issues so can't guarantee anything yet but its certainly a good idea.

I hope its a better game than the Rennes match I saw at the start of the season!

Not necessarily the best match but if the TFC are there or thereabouts at the end of the season ALL matches will be important. There are some definite advantages.......the time is good for me, as I explained in my PM.....and it shouldn't be too difficult to get tickets. A couple of seasons ago I queued for two hours to get tickets against OM and they sold out just as my turn arrived!..........it ended up 0-0.

"A couple of seasons ago I queued for two hours to get tickets against OM and they sold out just as my turn arrived!..........it ended up 0-0."

A blessing in disguise then. How much are tickets (roughly in €) ?

A jolly up in France sounds like a stunning idea. Quite fancy the PSG game but what the hay, drinking beer and football is drinking beer and football. I'd like to make this trip if thats ok.

"A couple of seasons ago I queued for two hours to get tickets against OM and they sold out just as my turn arrived!..........it ended up 0-0."

A blessing in disguise then. How much are tickets (roughly in €) ?

As you will see, it depends the match. Even I was surprised at the difference
between the game against e.g. Le Mans and Bordeaux. You can check it out yourself on http://billetterie.tfc.info ........then click on 'acheter place(s)' for the respective matches. Hope that the link will work! If not, try 'tfc site official'..........then click on billetterie.

Link works. So it's €10-€28 for a cheap game and €23-€69 for the big clubs.
I assume "Virage" is open terracing.

Link works. So it's €10-€28 for a cheap game and €23-€69 for the big clubs.
I assume "Virage" is open terracing.

Yep......you can jump up and down with the locals! Last time I went I was seated in the quart de virage............think majority, if not all the stadium is covered but not 100% sure. I've sent you a PM a short while ago.

Received and replied.

I looked at hotels and one was smack in the middle of lap-dancing clubs and sex shops! £51 a night. The hotel I mean.

Had a look at the stadium on Google Earth and apart from looking all covered, it seems to be on its own little island!

Back