• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blackburn v Southend 1992, old 2nd Division. Blackburn would go up via the play-offs. So they had a good side. Kenny Dalglish as Manager. But Southend had already beaten them 3-0 at Roots Hall. So we're not their easiest opponents. Mind you, they had that little s David Speedie scoring goals for them.
It still hurts me that equaliser, we were staying overnight in Blackburn and it definitely wasn’t the night it could have been ?

Blackburn v Southend 1992, old 2nd Division. Blackburn would go up via the play-offs. So they had a good side. Kenny Dalglish as Manager. But Southend had already beaten them 3-0 at Roots Hall. So we're not their easiest opponents. Mind you, they had that little s David Speedie scoring goals for them.
remember that one big time. Was in the main stand with an ex-Navy mate of mine and stayed up for the night. Gutted when Speedie equalised. And they left THAT tackle from Dean Austin in the second half out of the highlights, criminal editing!!!

If you are anything like me, you are obsessed with the old South Bank when it was a massive terrace.
Unfortunately I never saw it in the flesh so videos like the below are like gold dust to me.

It's a video that seems to have been made for a never finished documentary and gives a real insight into Roots Hall in the mid 80's. Magical!

If you are anything like me, you are obsessed with the old South Bank when it was a massive terrace.
Unfortunately I never saw it in the flesh so videos like the below are like gold dust to me.

It's a video that seems to have been made for a never finished documentary and gives a real insight into Roots Hall in the mid 80's. Magical!

It was a decent stand indeed.

30,000 at home to Liverpool in the FA Cup was amazing. Not to mention numerous other occasions which plenty on here can vouch for.

It was a decent stand indeed.

30,000 at home to Liverpool in the FA Cup was amazing. Not to mention numerous other occasions which plenty on here can vouch for.
Yes, been covered on here many times. Chelsea, QPR and Aston Villa for away support on the South Bank, and the North Bank being full. The most packed of course was the Liverpool game, when we filled it. That South Bank was much bigger in real life. Photo's don't do it justice.

What a strange video. Nice to see the old South Bank, but thank heavens for the fast forward button

LOVE is in the eyes of the beholder.....and GOD ,i LOVED our ground then.So many memories of standing at different places with mates.THat clip of the North bank-west stand where i stood (NB side) and saw King Billy smashing 5 against Brentwood...i think i will go and have a beer...great find B.S...loved it

As it's quiet, thought I'd put this up, a brief mention of the Blues (6 mins 30 in) but, before and after that, some of you may recognise mums and dads (even grannies) ;

I watched that as it went out. I was at that school at the time, that's my playground and thats my Mum giving Danny fish and chips.

Back