• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stood in there a few times at the dog racing back in the early 80's.

Yea I lost a few quid there. My mate had a dog called Dr Feelgood, bloody thing could run but loved a fight more. The group came down to watch him run in 78, loads of money on him (my weeks wages). He was about 10 lengths clear at the last turn, we were all screaming and shouting...then he stops and tries to start a row with the second place dog, he came in last..bloody mutt!

Yea I lost a few quid there. My mate had a dog called Dr Feelgood, bloody thing could run but loved a fight more. The group came down to watch him run in 78, loads of money on him (my weeks wages). He was about 10 lengths clear at the last turn, we were all screaming and shouting...then he stops and tries to start a row with the second place dog, he came in last..bloody mutt!

It's funny because Dr Feelgood the band used to come to the Southend dog track every now and again. Lee Brilleaux in that cream suit he didn't seem to wash. They certainly loved their beer.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny because Dr Feelgood the band used to come to the Southend dog track every now and again. Lee Brilleaux in that cream suit he didn't seem to wash. They certainly loved their beer.

hqdefault.jpg
Lee was a regular in The Grand when he was not touring , great guy had time for everyone .

SOUTHEND UTD FC Team Photo 1994. From Left to Right:- Back Row) DANIEL FOOT: ANDY SUSSEX: ANDY EDWARDS: KEITH DUBLIN: PAUL SANSOME: JOHN CORNWALL: SIMON ROYCE: DOMINIC IORFA: MARK HONE: GRAHAM BRESSINGTON: PHILIP GRIDELET. Middle Row) DANNY GREAVES. (Youth Team Manager): IJAH ANDERSON: GARY POOLE: STEVE TILSON: MICHAEL BODLEY: CHRIS POWELL: DECLAN PERKINS: GARY JONES: CRAIG DAVIDSON: MARK HALL: JOHN GOWERS. (Physiotherapist). Front Row) ANDY ANSAH: ANDREW THOMSON: KEITH JONES: THEO FOLEY. (Assistant Manager): V.T. JOBSON. (Chairman): PETER TAYLOR. (Manager): RICKY OTTO: JONATHAN HUNT: JAE MARTIN.
Da2TuXTXUAQ5HEl.jpg
is that the Bob a Nob stand in the back ground?

The caption on the photo (if you find the source its on Geograph TQ8786-there's another one there with Merv in goal) says taken 9 August 1980 which if correct would be Oxford United in the League Cup.

Yep, here's the other one.

5736384_371bafd7.jpg

When we had a Leigh Comm get together last year Billy Best Boot Laces was handing out pictures that he had colected over the years , perhaps you should get in touch with him .
My dad, told me all about the days in the north bank in the 70’s. His name is Mark Brown and he used to bring some of the boys from Wickford along, who teamed up with bob and ozzie, Pete Gilbert and the rest of the southend boys, and made up a nice little firm.

With the Rovers in town tomorrow. Has anyone got one of these? And is it worth anything.....?
View attachment 7151

Is it worth anything ... yes. Is it worth much .... no.

Like any memorabilia, it's worth what anyone will pay for it, There's one available on ebay for £7.99

Is it worth anything ... yes. Is it worth much .... no.

Like any memorabilia, it's worth what anyone will pay for it, There's one available on ebay for £7.99
Yes, but has the one on EBay got The Duke of Edinburgh sporting a very natty 'tache like LB Blue's one?

Yes, but has the one on EBay got The Duke of Edinburgh sporting a very natty 'tache like LB Blue's one?

I had to look. No instead he seems to have a nose shield (think Cat Ballou). Must be a motoring injury!

I have the 1991 First Match ever in Division 1 postcard v Bristol City and another couple of post cards as attached which I would like to give to a good home. No money wanted, just a Shrimper supporter who will look after them. If you want them, please send me a message and I will mail them.

I also have a Southend v Canvey Island video, 2000 which i would like to give away. Same, just message me and I will send.

First in will receive

Attachments

• SUFC Cards.pdf
    913.4 KB · Views: 26
I have the 1991 First Match ever in Division 1 postcard v Bristol City and another couple of post cards as attached which I would like to give to a good home. No money wanted, just a Shrimper supporter who will look after them. If you want them, please send me a message and I will mail them.

I also have a Southend v Canvey Island video, 2000 which i would like to give away. Same, just message me and I will send.

First in will receive

Some great pics there.

SUFC Cover 1 .png

SUFC Cover 2.png

SUFC Cover 3.png

Back