• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We’ve discussed this TSNB and none of the mods have done anything here (why would we, anyway?). Can you still locate them at the place you found them before? If so we can get them back up one way or another.

We’ve discussed this TSNB and none of the mods have done anything here (why would we, anyway?). Can you still locate them at the place you found them before? If so we can get them back up one way or another.

Thanks for your help Ricey and mods. Found source and are going up again. Don't know how or why they disappeared, but one of those things and no problem.

Remembered the name ,but not sure if I ever saw him play.

Kellard, a much-travelled midfielder,[3]began his career as a junior with Southend United and became Southend's youngest ever league player (at the age of 16 years and 208 days)[4] in September 1959 when he started the game at Bradford City. He turned professional in May 1960 and went on to score 15 times in 106 games for the Shrimpers before earning a £9,000 move to Crystal Palace in September 1963
FB_IMG_1568654459662.jpg

Kellard, a much-travelled midfielder,[3]began his career as a junior with Southend United and became Southend's youngest ever league player (at the age of 16 years and 208 days)[4] in September 1959 when he started the game at Bradford City. He turned professional in May 1960 and went on to score 15 times in 106 games for the Shrimpers before earning a £9,000 move to Crystal Palace in September 1963
View attachment 9018
Still a local lad and in SUEPA - might use this pic on the SUEPA FB page. Time maybe to see if Bobby would like a Roots Hall day out I think ...

View attachment 9018
17 yellow cards in 10 seasons, some players get that in a season now!

Bobby was a nice little player, very tiny but nippy and tricky.

I wouldn't say Bobby was tiny. He was short in stature, but was stocky and deceptively strong in the tackle. I had the privilege of playing in the same Division 2 Wednesday League winning team as Bobby (AC Taxis) in 1980/81. Pictured here front row, bottom left.
AC Taxis FC 1981.jpg

Back