• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More proof that we don't need 11 men.

Oh how I enjoyed that one. Got in 20 mins late after chaos at the Hindhead Tunnel and a wacky races run thro the back roads, was allowed to park by the bus in the main car park after not being able to find a space in the streets, and was gifted a ticket by a Shrimper who was waiting for a mate who hadn't shown up. Always good to beat that lot too and stop that bell from ringing.

Second from left with scarf.

Roger Cousins RIP worked at Lloyds Bank, he wrote articles in "What's The Story, Southend Glory" fanzine as Roger Cousins "Lifelong Supporter". His nickname was Custard because of his long blonde hair.

Fourth from left

Graham Collins worked at British Railways

Updated pic with names

Blue Army 2.jpg

Great lads,went often with Graham in his old trusted"Anglia" motor...remember going with him Port Vale and the car broke down on the M1 i think it was.We got stopped and taken in by the police for a while coz they thought we were car thieves.Hallo...we are not scoucers.
Also remember a friday night awaygame73??we two and Bob.T (rip mate) stood in the Shrewsbury home end...it ended in tears...but not for the home fans.
i remember Roger.C well i can only remember his nickname as "HIPPIE", As for Nobbler and Mick.B most of us know them well.Nobbler still looks the same but he wont tell me what face cream he uses !!!Great lads,great times

Great lads,went often with Graham in his old trusted"Anglia" motor...remember going with him Port Vale and the car broke down on the M1 i think it was.We got stopped and taken in by the police for a while coz they thought we were car thieves.Hallo...we are not scoucers.
Also remember a friday night awaygame73??we two and Bob.T (rip mate) stood in the Shrewsbury home end...it ended in tears...but not for the home fans.
i remember Roger.C well i can only remember his nickname as "HIPPIE", As for Nobbler and Mick.B most of us know them well.Nobbler still looks the same but he wont tell me what face cream he uses !!!Great lads,great times
Ozzie I hope you are keeping okay, I still use "Polyfilla":Thumbs up::Thumbs up:

POLFILLA for me then as a christmas pressie
Hope all is well with you and your family,me??OK will know more next month
Happy christmas to you my friend

Good old B.B The Legend Lives On in the centre. Recognize the guy far right from the 'old days', but don't know his name!.
Colin Rowland who worked with Graham Collins in the ticket office I believe at Liverpool Street Station(??). Colin sadly died at the end of 1992 aged about 46:Sad::Sad:

Back