• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Old subject revisited

Do we need the death penalty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steveo

mine to stay the same please
This boy:
_45103464_-20.jpg

Was running away and was stabbed by these 3 people

_45903112_montage_kinsella226.jpg

One of these scumbags had been given a community order for an attempted robbery. One was was a convicted cocaine and heroin dealer and also had convictions for robbery and possession of cannabis and the other was on the run from the Police.

They have all been found guilty of his murder and will be sentenced today and in a few years will be walking the streets again.

Should the death penalty be bought back for scum like this?

clicked don't know. have always been anti-death penalty, but the bluntness of steveo's argument coupled with the complete lack of respect for other people that seems to form many people's mindset in parts of the UK has made me at least ponder it for a moment... must be getting right-wing in my old age, yipes.

clicked don't know. have always been anti-death penalty, but the bluntness of steveo's argument coupled with the complete lack of respect for other people that seems to form many people's mindset in parts of the UK has made me at least ponder it for a moment... must be getting right-wing in my old age, yipes.

Go the Right!
The other thing is that if they had not had a knife with them, the boy would probably have got a beating but wouldnt have been stabbed.

So if there was a minimum penalty of say 10 years imprisonment for carrying a knife, and the Police were allowed stop and search powers for anyone walking the street at any time, would this deter people from carrying knives?

1) It's not a deterrent - look at the USA.
2) Many people have been wrongly jailed for murders that they didn't do. You can't bring them back.

Yes I agree that life should mean life, and these three should rot in prison for the rest of the miserable lives, but the death penalty is no answer.

1) It's not a deterrent - look at the USA.
2) Many people have been wrongly jailed for murders that they didn't do. You can't bring them back.

Yes I agree that life should mean life, and these three should rot in prison for the rest of the miserable lives, but the death penalty is no answer.

Interesting point of view.

Do you agree that Live is life?

• Not a deterent, look in the USA and various other countires (murder rate is actually far higher in US states that have death penalty)
  • Mistakes, mistakes.... lots of occasions when things have been wrong and it's obviously impossible to change
  • Two rights don't make a wrong... the executioner, becomes the murderer.
  • What is worse... being exectuted, or a the rest of your life behind bars? Why has Ian Huntely tried to kill himself a few times? Easy way out.
  • Life is not a commodity to take, for those religious they may say only God can decide, but even for the non-religious it is one of the very few things that is impossible to replace or make up for

....... anyway would love to chat more about this, but out on a school trip today to Aylesford Priory!

[*]Not a deterent, look in the USA and various other countires (murder rate is actually far higher in US states that have death penalty)

But they all have guns which is a major factor

[*]Mistakes, mistakes.... lots of occasions when things have been wrong and it's obviously impossible to change

With the DNA capabilities its a lot easier to get the right man.

[*]Two rights don't make a wrong... the executioner, becomes the murderer.
[*]What is worse... being exectuted, or a the rest of your life behind bars?

How many actually spend the rest of their life behind bars?

[*]Life is not a commodity to take, for those religious they may say only God can decide, but even for the non-religious it is one of the very few things that is impossible to replace or make up for

So is it a commodity than can be imprisoned forever?

....... anyway would love to chat more about this, but out on a school trip today to Aylesford Priory!

Lucky you. Bet you cant wait

This boy:
_45103464_-20.jpg

Was running away and was stabbed by these 3 people

_45903112_montage_kinsella226.jpg

One of these scumbags had been given a community order for an attempted robbery. One was was a convicted cocaine and heroin dealer and also had convictions for robbery and possession of cannabis and the other was on the run from the Police.

They have all been found guilty of his murder and will be sentenced today and in a few years will be walking the streets again.

Should the death penalty be bought back for scum like this?

This was conclusive so yes, sentence these scum bags to the death penalty. However, in less conclusive but guilty cases, the thought of the death penalty for an innocent man found guilty by 12 run of the mill people does seem harsh!

Go the Right!
So if there was a minimum penalty of say 10 years imprisonment for carrying a knife, and the Police were allowed stop and search powers for anyone walking the street at any time, would this deter people from carrying knives?

I'm all for that.

I use to be against the death penalty for the same reasons as MK, but I am starting to question my beliefs.

This particular case is a perfect example IMO to bring back the death penalty.

Don't know what goes through these fellas brains TBH , imagine getting ready for a night out .....

Jump in bath , wash hair , brush teeth , put best shirt on , bit of Brut for the ladies , johnys in your wallet just in case you nick and o yeah a 6 inch blade down your trousers just in case you get looked at wrong by some 16 year old and then you can stab him 14 times in the back .

These guys are scum and this country needs to make a proper stand against knife crime as sentences by Judges that don't live in the real world are far to lenient . As stated , if you carry a knife you are only a second away from killing someone if you get what i mean . there needs to be no grey area at all , if you carry a blade and get caught 10 years , no it won't deter everyone but in the last 10 murder cases i have heard about , if the correct sentences had been imposed the scum wouldn't of been on the streets to be able to commit such a crime .

Never any reason to bring back the death sentence in my opinion.What is needed though is sentences that actually do what they say.

Murder should be 50 years in prison and thats 50 years exactly. none of this getting out early for good behaviour (that one always makes me laugh in a sad way).

Just been announced they will all serve a minimum of 19 years. So knowing our legal system they will be out in 5!!!:madman:

Makes me sick to the bottom of my stomach to see a young lad robbed of his life over something so stupiud as a so called "disrepect".

Personally I would like to see all three of the killers totured until within an inch of there lives and then killed. Dont give a **** if its barbaric so is stabbing a young lad to death in the street.

Go the Right!
The other thing is that if they had not had a knife with them, the boy would probably have got a beating but wouldnt have been stabbed.

i think i remember seeing something about a handheld scanner type device for this type of thing on the bbc website

It's not the justice system thats broke its' society. Send them to jail, not worth it, they are treated like humans there when they shouldnt be. One of those lads was jaield and came out clearly no better. Can build all the prisons you like, wont make any difference. Need to look at poverty, the family unit, what schools are teaching, discipline at home and school, the influence of video games and tv. These are the things that are causing the fuel in crime. You can never stop a kid buying a knife, theyre as easy to buy as a pint of milk in most cities.

It's not the justice system thats broke its' society. Send them to jail, not worth it, they are treated like humans there when they shouldnt be. One of those lads was jaield and came out clearly no better. Can build all the prisons you like, wont make any difference. Need to look at poverty, the family unit, what schools are teaching, discipline at home and school, the influence of video games and tv. These are the things that are causing the fuel in crime. You can never stop a kid buying a knife, theyre as easy to buy as a pint of milk in most cities.

I absolutely concur up to that point. 99.9999% of people who play these games or watch horror films can distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy.

I absolutely concur up to that point. 99.9999% of people who play these games or watch horror films can distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy.
i agree and if you are influenced by a video game or a film so much that you feel the need to go out and stab someone. chances are you were gonna go down that route anyway

Just been announced they will all serve a minimum of 19 years. So knowing our legal system they will be out in 5!!!:madman:

Apparently they have been served with letters from the prison authority following fears of retaliation. Personally I hope this results in slow and painful deaths for the lot of them.

Back