• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham 1 Southend United 1

South Bucks Shrimper

Coach⭐⭐
Mildenhall 7
Francis 7
Dervite 6
Clarke 7
Barrett 7
Sankofa 7
Grant 7
McCormack 7
Moussa 7
Robinson 7

Sub Used: Barnard at half-time 7

Subs Not Used: Scannell, Betsy, Masters, Laurent.

Southend Supporters 10

Overall a fairly average game. Not sure why we played with 10 men in the first half.

Mildenhall 6
Francis 6
Dervite 6
Clarke 6
Barrett 6
Sankofa 6
Grant 6
McCormack 6
Moussa 7
Robinson 7
Freedman 4

Sub: Barnard 8

A pretty average game not helped by a very bobbly pitch.

Oldham were the better team in the first half, but we were much better once Barnard came on, we thoroughly deserved the point and had chances for all 3.

Mildenhall still looks shaky under pressure and has to improve his kicking.

The defence looked ok without being totally commanding.

The midfield worked hard, but we desperately need some one who can pass consistently to his own side.

Freedman was very poor, but Barnard was excellent when he came on dropping deep to link the midfield to the attack.

Moussa and Francis finished strongly and both stretched the Oldham defence.

The crowd were great all through the second half.

Last edited:
Not sure why we played with 10 men in the first half.

:unsure:

Can only echo what others have already said really about the game, very much end of season, nothing important going on and nobody wanting an injury type of match. However, thought Franno was a big improvement on the wing to what we've had, Clarke's performance and reactions to us were encouraging, Moussa got better as the game went on and Lee Barnard, bless his cotton socks, had a storming 2nd half. Don't know what the theory was behind Dougie starting, but as soon as we saw Lee at half time doing a proper warm up on the pitch it was clear what was going to happen. Personally, I'd have liked to see Laurent come on too, for Theo, who could have then had a proper away send off and because I think Laurent could easily have opened that defence up. Game was there for the taking.

Everyone gets a 6 from me, except Sankofa and Freedman (5) and Barney who was easily our MotM imo (8). Ref was rubbish (2) and we were, of course, absolutely brilliant! (10) :support:

Mildenhall - 6
Sankofa - 6
Clarke - 7
Dervite - 6
Barrett - 6
Francis - 6
McCormack - 6
Grant - 6
Moussa - 6
Freedman - 5
Theo - 6.5

Subs:
Barnard - 7.5

TBV - 11/10 - MOTM

I nearly **** myself when Barnard got the ball for the goal and he took a touch, I would have smashed it first time! he looked composed though!

Looked even more composed having seen it on the Championship - was definitely a foul on Dervite though leading up to the pen....which wasn't.

Back