• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oldham Athletic v Southend United - rearranged for Tuesday 18 April, 7:45pm

I was on one of the supporters coaches that managed to make it to the game around kick-off (perhaps just after as I remember sitting down and them immediately scoring). The coach driver diverted off before hitting the traffic and we ended up heading down these tiny roads in the dark and I'm amazed we made it through without getting stuck somewhere.

I think the other coach ended up getting to the stadium at half time or something.
I too was on that coach, the driver was a “magician”!

Kick off delayed and we still missed the start -Andy Barcham rifled one in after just a few minutes for pompey. We heard the goal go in on the radio just as we were a few minutes away from the ground - “should we just go home??” we said…….
Cauley Woodrow was sent off, just after he came on as a sub, for an elbow. Great goals from Atko and BBBC to win it. Top, top atmosphere in the away end that evening.

Think BBBC was sent off at Pompey a few years later, same result though……1-2 ☺️

Ahhhhh I was at both so got them mixed up. Easily done! There was also one where one of their guys came on and got sent off pretty quickly after (McCallum IIRC) but no idea what game that was!

I expect refund details will be announced when the date of the rearranged fixture is known.

Quite why that's taken a few days who knows

Even though the Oldham website says the ticket office is open today....they don't answer their phone

They must be confident that we will still in exist by April!!
Every club tweet that references something after 01/03/2023, has a reply with words to the effect "yeah, if we exist". Would be nice if we could have 28 days of something less sardonic.

Only 2 spare Tuesdays between now and the end of the season…hoping we fill those up by getting to the FA Trophy Final!

Make sure you wrap up warm. Oldham DOES have a summer season. It's known locally as "August the 8th".......

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
Yeah, we know, we've been there before. The word went out last time, just before the cancellation..............'Don't forget, take your big coat'. Sports Direct did a roaring trade for a while.

Yeah, we know, we've been there before. The word went out last time, just before the cancellation..............'Don't forget, take your big coat'. Sports Direct did a roaring trade for a while.
My first trip there was on New Year's Day around 1977, on the old open end they had back then.

I lost the feeling in my feet just around the time that the teams came out before kick off at five to three.

We lost 2-1.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
Back