• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 6th March, 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• James Montgomery

Votes: 85 85.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 63 63.6%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • John White

• Tyler Cordner

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Tom Clifford

• Sam Hart

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Nathan Ferguson

• Alan McCormack

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Simeon Akinola

• Emile Acquah

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Greg Halford

• James Olayinka

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Harry Seaden

• Jacob Mellis

• Win

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why dont mm start goodship? He can score goals and has scored more goals then acquah! Why isnt he playing ricky holmes who is quality and can play the forward role but is in desperate need of minutes! He gives him 60 mins against Cheltenham and then knocks him down again by benching him today! Makes no sense! Wht is elvis on the bench when everyone knows hes interval to our Solid back four? I dont get this manager one bit!!

To be fair there probably isn’t a manager anywhere who doesn’t have his team selection questioned on a weekly basis. I certainly wouldn’t be playing Hobson at RB, & would probably agree with you and try Goodship up front even though I don’t think he’s the answer. At the end of the day though I believe MM is doing more good than bad so I’m willing to go with it what he decides.

Because he cant shoot,cant dribble,cant run,cant pass and falls over alot! Just a big donkey up front with absolutely no talent what so ever! Yes he can hold up a ball but hes a striker and scoring goals are what strikers are judged on.Niall Quinn and and shaun goater were donkeys too but they scored a hat full of goals also!!

For all those things he can't do (according to you) he sure has forged himself a career in football to date hasn't he. Thankfully, I'll trust in what the likes of Ricky Duncan and now Mark Molesley see in Emile over what Steve from ShrimperZone who has only recently learnt how to spell the lads name correctly thinks.

2nd highest, but definately the coldest
from wiki;
Boundary Park is anecdotally known as being the coldest ground in the Football League, earning the nickname coined by Joe Royle, Ice Station Zebra.[6] It is also the second-highest stadium, at 526 feet (155m) above sea level, of any Premier League or Football League club[7] after the Hawthorns, home of West Bromwich Albion, 552 feet (168m)

Don't think "wiki" can have been updated after Forest Green Rovers joined the League.

You say things like this, like "Acquah isn't good enough" etc an awful lot but to my memory you've never actually given a reason as to why you don't think he is. Could you explain to me and everyone else why Emile isn't "good enough" in your opinion.
He is a striker who is hopeless with one on ones wifh the keepers and free headers/chances. You may want to re watch his games so far this season and you’ll have a simple answer to your question.

He is a striker who is hopeless with one on ones wifh the keepers and free headers/chances. You may want to re watch his games so far this season and you’ll have a simple answer to your question.

You show me a young striker at this level who hasn’t got flaws in there game.. I’ll wait.

Emile got in to positions today that could/should resorted in to a goal.. not once did we threaten when he come off. Emile has to work on his finishing, no doubt about it but his all round game again today was good.

I’m increasingly wondering if Shrimpet isn’t actually someone who genuinely believes the stuff he says but is really someone sat in a room chatting with his mates online (maybe even Emile) wondering what to type next to get people to bite ? and having a good laugh
I said something similar weeks ago

I’m increasingly wondering if Shrimpet isn’t actually someone who genuinely believes the stuff he says but is really someone sat in a room chatting with his mates online (maybe even Emile) wondering what to type next to get people to bite ? and having a good laugh

Whichever it is we could really do without it - I think he copies and pastes the majority of his posts.

Don't think "wiki" can have been updated after Forest Green Rovers joined the League.
Maybe not.
Ive only walked down it ( up 3 times by car) —but it’s a very steep hill with the grounds, old and new, close to the top.However the Nailsworth village is (down!) in a valley, so low starting point.

Back