• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 6th March, 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• James Montgomery

Votes: 85 85.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 63 63.6%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • John White

• Tyler Cordner

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Tom Clifford

• Sam Hart

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Nathan Ferguson

• Alan McCormack

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Simeon Akinola

• Emile Acquah

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Greg Halford

• James Olayinka

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Harry Seaden

• Jacob Mellis

• Win

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cant believe your still picking acquah?

Here you go again. No single player will be our saviour and not MM or any player in our squad is at fault for our current situation either. I assume you joined this forum as you consider yourself to be a SUFC supporter. Of course you are entitled to your opinion on team selection, as we all are, hence the pre-match thread and team votes but there are respectful ways of discussing your views. I have no idea if any players read this forum but, if they do, please know that all true fans are behind you right now to do your best to secure our league status. Steve, rather than reply to this post, please just take time to think about what you hope will be achieved by your continual abuse of Emile. We can all share our views in a respectful way, the way that makes this forum such a great place,

I think we can win this one!! If we play a 14312
Montgomery
Elvis hobson white clifford

Taylor Ferguson dieng

Akinola

Goodship holmes

No place for JD or Acquah!! Not been good enough!

You should have mentioned this before now.

Match day, iFollow ticket bought and done, all cookies, temp files and other rubbish cleaned away from the Browser, HDMI cable at the ready and a test period at 2:30pm to make sure the picture remains constant. Jeez, lockdown has done some wonderful things to watching a game of football!!

All that aside, it's an away game, our record away is rather decent these days and its now or never for our relegation escape route to get into full swing. I'll be glued to the screen and living every moment, trying to ignore some of the stupid bollocks that features in the official match thread and just pay attention to the overall game. I'll probably get told off by Mrs RHB when I check the Zone out on my phone, 'Why are you doing that when football's is on?', I love her dearly but sometimes essential football stuff just passes her by.

Anyway, enjoy the game as much as you can fellow Zoners, keep the faith and you never know, Emile may grab a couple today (please God).

All together now 'Everywhere we go............'

I echo the above and say I don’t care how we play today as long as we come away with the points.

Talking with MM last week despite the way things are there is buoyancy in the squad so fingers crossed for today

Well you're in the minority Shrimpet. 52% of us are picking him and I'm sure we all wish Emile well.

52% is not a majority. I demand a people’s vote to overturn this result as I don’t agree with it. I will be pushing this for the next 5 years, even after Aquah scores a hattrick in the Champions League final for Barcelona.

Match day, iFollow ticket bought and done, all cookies, temp files and other rubbish cleaned away from the Browser, HDMI cable at the ready and a test period at 2:30pm to make sure the picture remains constant. Jeez, lockdown has done some wonderful things to watching a game of football!!

All that aside, it's an away game, our record away is rather decent these days and its now or never for our relegation escape route to get into full swing. I'll be glued to the screen and living every moment, trying to ignore some of the stupid bollocks that features in the official match thread and just pay attention to the overall game. I'll probably get told off by Mrs RHB when I check the Zone out on my phone, 'Why are you doing that when football's is on?', I love her dearly but sometimes essential football stuff just passes her by.

Anyway, enjoy the game as much as you can fellow Zoners, keep the faith and you never know, Emile may grab a couple today (please God).

All together now 'Everywhere we go............'
really made me grin rhb.! I check my tablet for other scores and zones comments during the game and get the same reaction! And also do the pre -game buffer check a long time before kick off!
fingers crossed we have a good day.

Reactions: RHB
Too many unknowns about availability and fitness and am torn between

Monty
Elvis Hobson White Clifford
RHF Dieng Fergie ANG
Acquah Akinola

or

M
EHWC
Dieng Fergie Taylor
Holmes Akinola
Acquah

I haven't chosen my starting line up as I can't make my mind up. The back 4 pick themselves, but as for the rest? I would definitely include Ferguson and Akinola, but I would also like to see Goodship have more game time. He is a goal scorer albeit unproven at this level and we need goals. Whatever team is selected it needs to be more attacking but at least even without the 4 or so injured players on their way back, we at least do have plenty of options.

It looks, from the pol, that the team picks itself in 9 or 10 of the positions with just the 3rd attacking option unclear and a less than overwhelming vote for the undervalued and over maligned Emile.

Not fussed if Elvis not fit. He's not the player he was, preferring to check on the halfway line and play back, rather than go on a run (though his dribbling's always been suspect). Have no idea why he takes throw-ins...long are hopeful, short are balloons and difficult to control. However, his ability in sticking up his arm for any decision, whether he should stop playing or not, is head and shoulders above his teammates!!!! Right side full back is a difficult position for us to fill, though I'd rather see JD in the slot than EB or Hobbo.

Monty Burns
EHWC
Dieng Ferguson Taylor
Holmes Acquah Akinola

a more traditional 4 3 3 as opposed to a fluid 451 / 433 is what I would like to see. Oldham score but they also concede lots so let's get our shooting boots on today and rattle a few in.

Oldham 2 - 4 Southend.

John White, Akinola, Taylor, and Acquah to bag for the blues

Back