• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 6th March, 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• James Montgomery

Votes: 85 85.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 63 63.6%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • John White

• Tyler Cordner

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Tom Clifford

• Sam Hart

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Nathan Ferguson

• Alan McCormack

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Simeon Akinola

• Emile Acquah

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Greg Halford

• James Olayinka

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Harry Seaden

• Jacob Mellis

• Win

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Acquah stops us from getting any result at all

You say things like this, like "Acquah isn't good enough" etc an awful lot but to my memory you've never actually given a reason as to why you don't think he is. Could you explain to me and everyone else why Emile isn't "good enough" in your opinion.

Huge game today boys and girls.
Lots of bickering to be had about team selection in 15 mins time but let’s not forget the outcry at that side that MM put out against FGR!
Let’s hope come 5pm we’re rejoicing once more about how much we love this game and this club ❤

Nice sunny day and decent looking pitch in Oldham.Fingers crossed we get a good performance and 3 points UTB

Huh? The Falmer Stadium in Brighton can't be that high........:Smile:
You’re doubly correct: both height-wise and with the recognition that assorted low-life have been allowed to share the last part of the grandmasters’ title eg Witton,Brighton,Burton,Stirling.

You say things like this, like "Acquah isn't good enough" etc an awful lot but to my memory you've never actually given a reason as to why you don't think he is. Could you explain to me and everyone else why Emile isn't "good enough" in your opinion.
Because he cant shoot,cant dribble,cant run,cant pass and falls over alot! Just a big donkey up front with absolutely no talent what so ever! Yes he can hold up a ball but hes a striker and scoring goals are what strikers are judged on.Niall Quinn and and shaun goater were donkeys too but they scored a hat full of goals also!!

Because he cant shoot,cant dribble,cant run,cant pass and falls over alot! Just a big donkey up front with absolutely no talent what so ever! Yes he can hold up a ball but hes a striker and scoring goals are what strikers are judged on.Niall Quinn and and shaun goater were donkeys too but they scored a hat full of goals also!!
Time to move the Billy Goats
1615041916054.png

I understand you’re frustration but think that’s a little harsh. He’s probably not good enough to be a starter at this level, but we have to remember he’s spent most of his time playing in a struggling side and his confidence is likely low. He’s played reasonably well in patches during the last couple of games so there is hope. Personally I think he would do himself a lot of favours if he could find a nasty side and rough up the opposition a bit.

Just backed him to score at 14/5 - talk later.

I understand you’re frustration but think that’s a little harsh. He’s probably not good enough to be a starter at this level, but we have to remember he’s spent most of his time playing in a struggling side and his confidence is likely low. He’s played reasonably well in patches during the last couple of games so there is hope. Personally I think he would do himself a lot of favours if he could find a nasty side and rough up the opposition a bit.
Why dont mm start goodship? He can score goals and has scored more goals then acquah! Why isnt he playing ricky holmes who is quality and can play the forward role but is in desperate need of minutes! He gives him 60 mins against Cheltenham and then knocks him down again by benching him today! Makes no sense! Wht is elvis on the bench when everyone knows hes interval to our Solid back four? I dont get this manager one bit!!

Back