• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United

Stop the presses - a manager supports his players when speaking publicly!

I'm sure we'd be a lot better off if he went "nah we're crap, never going to score", would have done the players a lot of good.

Actions speak louder than words and it's very obvious from his actions that he wanted to bring in a target man up top, and for whatever reason a deal never happened.
See post 596

Oldham were there for the taking. Decent chances to win the game, not taken. Strange subs, long throws with no target man or striker on the pitch!

Martin has dropped this club to this standard, unable to sign better players. I don't blame MM for that, but his usage of the tools available today is questionable.

This 100%.

What a strange coincidence that over the past 4-5 seasons we have had a load of crap managers, all of whom have not had the abilitiy to sign any decent players or build a team between them.

It's almost as if there was some overeaching reason for this and making us be seen as the last place you would want to end up as a player.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head.......

Spirited display and better than a defeat but some of those final deliveries into the box were appalling to say the least.

Nothing less than 6 points from the two home games or we are screwed it think.

moan moan moan - we got a point. Is that not worth having then?
We’ve gone to a poor side who had loads of injuries and suspensions and drew 0-0 whilst Barrow won to drop us into the relegation zone. I think people are entitled to be frustrated.

Back