• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Oldham Athletic vs Southend United

When did Joyce get injured ? the wasn't anything on the OS about it was there ?
Training I think but was injured by Monday and I think he will probably be back by Cheltenham, it said a bit on todays game preview on the OS but that was it.

Oldham in control, King Kev is key man too apparently

Shame he ain't in a southend shirt anymore. I for one would welcome him back with open arms. I think he is the type of player we were missing this season. Him and macca in CM would have been a quality partnership

Shame he ain't in a southend shirt anymore. I for one would welcome him back with open arms. I think he is the type of player we were missing this season. Him and macca in CM would have been a quality partnership
Exactly! I thought we should have kept, even just in case someone picked up an injury. I have always wondered if Tilly would have released him if he knew Bailey would leave. JFC and Moussa are both similar but Kev's passing was better, got stuck in more, more influential and the only thing better about Moussa and JFC was that they are younger. I miss King Kev.

There are certainly some that would agree with you...................there again there are many that wouldn't! Moussa impressive today........perhaps he is the future.

There are certainly some that would agree with you...................there again there are many that wouldn't! Moussa impressive today........perhaps he is the future.

Wasn't Kev's departure precipitated by a training ground bust-up with Moussa? Someone on here said so several months ago anyway...

Wasn't Kev's departure precipitated by a training ground bust-up with Moussa? Someone on here said so several months ago anyway...

That was the rumour but he said in the echo yesterday that he still to this day dosent know why he was released and it has severely knocked his confidence

Could well be. Game dying a bit ......plenty of nail biting around the country, if not the case at Boundary Park. Hope that we shall have something that resembles League One South next season. H-T 0-0

Last edited:
Yeah long walk from the underground though!

Imagine us playing at Dagenham in the league, there average is only 1,500!
Really don't want Dagenham to come up. I want them to do well in League 2 but wouldn't be disappointed if they went down, got respect for John Still.

Really don't want Dagenham to come up. I want them to do well in League 2 but wouldn't be disappointed if they went down, got respect for John Still.

I think it'll be a laugh if they come up! It'll be another ground for me anyway.

That was the rumour but he said in the echo yesterday that he still to this day dosent know why he was released and it has severely knocked his confidence

It was a real shame he was shown the door. It wasn't only the longer passes he could make, but he rarely wasted the ball full stop and we miss the probing nature of his play. His short passes were effective too and our deficiencies in this area have been highlighted all season, except for when Sawyer was with us. I really enjoyed his two late goals v QPR a couple of years ago & the quick free-kick/pass for Gower's goal that night was sublime...(sigh)

Just our luck. Need an equaliser now, an exciting last 10 minutes after 80 awful minutes hopefully!

Back