• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Utter joke that they can't get someone in earlier from the local area to assess it so people haven't travelled all that way. People will still have travelled due to the distance but would far nearer to Southend. Something the EFL seriously need to sort out.

This is ridiculous the weather hasn’t changed from first thing this morning they knew what the pitch was like. It really is time something was done about these late call offs there really is no need for them. Match called off after 9am tough you sacrifice points. Why does it have to be the match ref who calls it off FFS use some common sense get a local ref in and save everyone a whole lot of expense and wasted time. Fuming ����

Wrap him up well. Coldest League ground I have been to.
He was born in the north so made of strong stuff. He’s gutted though at the cancellation, having just played football this morning.

What a pain and to think Oldham used to be a top division side once upon a time

This is ridiculous the weather hasn’t changed from first thing this morning they knew what the pitch was like. It really is time something was done about these late call offs there really is no need for them. Match called off after 9am tough you sacrifice points. Why does it have to be the match ref who calls it off FFS use some common sense get a local ref in and save everyone a whole lot of expense and wasted time. Fuming ����

This is how it works....

If the game looks doubtful, a local referee will be called in to inspect and he will liaise with the match official.

Frozen pitches are difficult because a frozen pitch at 9am may not be a frozen pitch at midday and a frozen pitch at midday may not be frozen at kick off, but it may be frozen later in the afternoon once the sun drops. All these things need considering, so it becomes really difficult to judge. Generally, everyone will give the game as much of a chance as possible of getting played because that's their job and that sometimes results in the scenario we've got today.

If I were sitting in my usual seat on TZ today I'd be pretty hacked off too.

It makes for a boring saturday afternoon, but at least I'm getting my fiver back from iFollow. No consolation for those that travelled though.

email just sent to Ron.

"Dear Ron,

I know you will be as disappointed as the travelling fans, if not more, but is there anything the club can do officially to complain as this is the second time in a few weeks that our people have got to Northern grounds only to find the match called off.

It has cost fans considerable amounts of money to get up North, I know TravelZone has lost large amounts of money laying on wasted travel -- as have the Trust and all the loyal travellers.

I am unsure of any solution to this problem, perhaps you have some ideas.

It is a real shame today was called off as we had a genuine chance to really progress.

Regards,

Ken Jarvis
on behalf of ShrimperZone."

A quick reply from Ron stating he is as disappointed as the fans but unfortunately nothing he can do.

The club have to bear the costs of any League match themselves.

Seems very unfair to me.

I had no inkling the game might be called off. The least the home club could do would be to give fans an idea its in doubt, and they could make their own minds whether to proceed. Granted wouldn't help coach travellers. Better that more money was forthcoming from the EFL to assist smaller clubs with their pitches. Your PL punter doesn't even know about such things.

Back