• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
The referee for our Cup match shares his name with the scorer of the FA Cup Final winning goal 42 seasons ago (I wonder what he's been up to since!)

Man in charge is Dave Webb from Sunderland. In his fourth season, he is quite highly rated as one of the more promising of the younger officials although he was a bit inconsistent when I last saw him. Does not shirk from showing cards, but has scaled down a bit this season.

He has refereed just two Southend United games before, both Tuesday night distant away defeats - Tranmere the season before last when we lost 2-0. It was suggested that he wasn't too bad in that match.

The most recent one however, which I also missed, was when, along with most of our players, he was certainly not at his best. The re-arranged match at Accrington featured a clutch of yellow cards and a red for Mohsni leading to the much televised tantrum.

His 18 matches this season including a number of Championship matches have produced a very average 55 yellows and 2 reds. His most recent match, the Palace Millwall derby last week was an interesting one for him.

He refereed Oldham very recently in their home win over Wycombe booking 4 visitors only.

His assistants are Graham Horwood from Luton, a League referee 'til he got demoted last year and Chris O'Donnell (who I hope is a better lino than referee) from Leighton Buzzard with Wes Linden from Middlesex doing the 4th official stuff.

The assessor is Bill Jordon, probably the second most famous ex-League referee from Tring.

The assessor is Bill Jordon, probably the second most famous ex-League referee from Tring
I wouldn't put him ahead of Graham Barber in the fame stakes!

Back