• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oldham fancy themselves for this one ....

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~1196107,00.html

confident load of bull on their OS - with a good preview of SUFC.

and Lee Hiughes adds his pennyworth ......

Lee’s festive rallying call

LEE HUGHES . . . six goals in five games.
Spotlight on Latics with MICHAEL YARWOOD

LEE HUGHES is targeting a happy Christmas for Athletic as they build up to the most important spell of the season.

Teams who hit form over the festive period can dramatically improve their league position in a matter of days, and Hughes believes the time could be right at Boundary Park.

Athletic face a daunting run of games as they go to Southend tomorrow before facing Nottingham Forest and Walsall at home, followed by a New Year’s Day battle with Leeds.

All four teams are currently in the top nine, but Hughes insisted: “We’ve got no reason to fear anyone.”

The striker is in great touch himself as last weekend’s hat-trick against Millwall made it six goals in his last five outings.

And Hughes said: “We are playing with a lot more confidence than we were a couple of months ago.

“At the moment we are going out thinking we can win every game because we’re on a good run and it’s a long time since we lost.

“Our away form is particularly good so, although Southend will be difficult this weekend, we can just play our normal game.

“At home we’ve been playing decent football and not taking our chances, but now we’ve banged in three against Millwall maybe we can change that over Christmas.”

Hughes (31) has helped Athletic turn the corner in front of goal after they endured a barren spell in October and early November.

The Millwall hat-trick – two close-range finishes and a penalty – was another step in his journey towards rediscovering the form which once made him a £5million striker.

He added: “Scoring goals is what I’m paid to do, and there’s no better feeling. It’s hard to explain.

“I’m still not there yet, but I’m getting sharper. And the more I score the happier I will be.”

They're unbeaten in nine and since Roots Hall is hardly a fortress for us they've every right to feel confident.

Back