• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ISZ

Hi all, Oldham fan here.
Really looking forward to tuesdays replay, the reward for the winner is incentive enough to make it a cracking match.
Both sides suffered losses yesterday, so we both go into the game in a similar frame of mind.
As regards ourselves, our performance against sheff wed wasn't too bad, with the outcome settled by a piece of skill by prutton and a debatable penalty decision.
My main concern is the loss of robbie simpson who has now returned to huddersfield after a successful loan spell, he will be badly missed. We also picked up an injury to jean yves m'voto ( who will be known to you all ) And i doubt he'll make the game.
M'voto, as you will know, can be frustrating at times, but in the last few games he's been pivotal for us.
Anyway, as i've mentioned in another thread, if you're travelling up.....dig out your thermals. Joe royle nicknamed boundary park as ISZ ( ice station zebra ) and he wasn't wrong!
See some of you on tuesday :thumbsup:

Hi ISZ, there will be a few of us there despite the cold and our recent downturn of results. Probably 150 - 200. Can't see where our goals will come from so not very confident but after following the shrimpers for many many years I've learnt to wait to see which team turns up on the day. A lot at stake as you said. Can you recommend any good pubs for us to visit before the match?

Hi Ozzer,
There's a premier inn very close to the ground with a bar where away fans mingle with the home support quite frequently.It's at the bottom of sheepfoot lane which the ground is situated on.
At the top of the road are two predominately 'home' pubs......the old grey mare and the white hart but sometimes a few idiots go in there. Better options within 5 mins walk of the ground are the greyhound or the rifle range.

Thanks ISZ, probably give the Premier Inn a miss as I'm hoping for real ale so will try one of the others providing the M6 doesn't delay us.

Hi Ozzer,
There's a premier inn very close to the ground with a bar where away fans mingle with the home support quite frequently.It's at the bottom of sheepfoot lane which the ground is situated on.
At the top of the road are two predominately 'home' pubs......the old grey mare and the white hart but sometimes a few idiots go in there. Better options within 5 mins walk of the ground are the greyhound or the rifle range.

What about the White House on Oldham Edge ? Not been in there for 30 years.

The white house is indeed an option, probably a 15 min walk downhill to the ground. I've not been in myself for a few years, it used to be a sam smiths pub if i remember correctly.

The white house is indeed an option, probably a 15 min walk downhill to the ground. I've not been in myself for a few years, it used to be a sam smiths pub if i remember correctly.

I have an uncle who lives in Crompton Street, just down the road.

I'm meeting a couple of NW Shrimpers pre match .. Manchester Blues who used to work for OAFC and sufcwatcha .. not optimistic but as a Shrimper you learn to have a good day out and try not to let the 90 minutes in the middle ruin the whole day

Whoever goes through (Southend) seems that we will be playing on the Sunday, as Everton have the Saturday slot. Don't shoot the messenger!

I'll donate £100 to SZ if Liverpool v Oldham/Southend is live on proper TV (ie ESPN/ITV .. not including LTV or one of those dodgy Asian Satellites)

One of our party has dropped out so if any Northern based/non STHs are going tomorrow and want a ticket for £2 instead of paying the gate price of a tenner then PM or leave a message here

TICKET NOW GONE

Last edited:
Good luck and safe journeys to all those travelling north for tonight's game - it's going to be a long old journey and a cold old night!

Back