• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham vs SUFC

Pubey

Mildy: 6 - solid, although kicking poor in 2nd half
Francis: 7.5 - MOTM - great interceptions, and drove forward well
Barrett: 6 - got injured early on
Baldwin: 6.5 - got off to a slow start, but grew as the game went on
Herd: 6 - still looks like a boy playing a mans game, and wasteful in possession, however his throws indirectly lead to the first goal
Moussa 6 - very poor, but opened them up a few times in the second half
Grant 6.5 - won the ball well, but often got caught in posession, should have scored a 1-on-1
Macca 7 - good game. Battled hard and was generally good in posession
Laurent 6.5 - grabbed a goal from close range before going off with an innocuous injury
Paterson - 5 - garbage (got some harsh abuse though which doesn't help, obvious got no confidence)
Vernon - 5.5 - not much better

Subs:
Mvoto - 7 - solid game, still a bit sluggish but a dominant presence at the back and got a goal
Crawford - 7 - energetic and superb assist for the 2nd. Definitely got something to his game, roughed Oldham up which is good to see
JFC - 6 - typical performance, adds little to our team

Why would they go all the way to Oldham only to slag off one of our young strikers? WHAT IS THE ****ING POINT OF THAT???????

:headbang:

Why would they go all the way to Oldham only to slag off one of our young strikers? WHAT IS THE ****ING POINT OF THAT???????

:headbang:

Possibly the same people that abuse MacDonald, Hooper, Revell, Harrold etc. and then wonder why they moved on and have done better.

Spencer got **** loads of abuse at Gillingham from what I heard, too.

What do people expect? Some people really don't know what support is. They think "I've paid for my ticket so I can abuse who the hell I like!"

Cos they obviously thought 'supporting' means singing 'you're not very good - ****' at him when he was subbed.

Some of our "fans" don't deserve to have a club to "support". The most embarassing moment of my SUFC life was watching Billy Paynter being subbed against Cardiff. He had done pretty well in the circumstances, put in 100% effort and scored a perfectly good goal that was incorrectly ruled out for offside. As he came to the edge of the pitch he turned to clap the fans only to realise he was being roundly booed. The look on his face has haunted me ever since.

If you were one of the morons who "exercised their right to express their opinion because you paid for your ticket" then, I just want to point out you cost this club a 20-goal a year striker you ******s. You are worse than Ron Martin, and frankly I'd rather you left the club than him.

Last edited:
This abuse happens in the south upper all the time, anyone that makes one bad pass or loses the ball they totally abuse them, and then I heard them talk about renewing their season ticket!
If your abusing the players and aren't happy with what your seeing, don't buy a season ticket!!!!
And I remember the Matt Harold abuse when I was in south lower, anything he did he got abused like he was next to stands full of away fans.

why would people be abusing paterson? i didn't go today so can someone please explain.

He was rubbish. He had a couple of air kicks, decided not to shoot when the goal was looming, and gave the ball away cheaply a lot. Not a great game at all, he looks completely shot of confidence.

He was rubbish. He had a couple of air kicks, decided not to shoot when the goal was looming, and gave the ball away cheaply a lot. Not a great game at all, he looks completely shot of confidence.

Sounds so familiar of many strikers who have played for us, he will move on and no doubt bang in 20 goals a season for someone else. And it will be a case of the if only..... threads. Problem is what can you do about fans like this? I hear it all the time and don't know what to do?

Some of our "fans" don't deserve to have a club to "support". The most embarassing moment of my SUFC life was watching Billy Paynter being subbed against Cardiff. He had done pretty well in the circumstances, put in 100% effort and scored a perfectly good goal that was incorrectly ruled out for offside. As he came to the edge of the pitch he turned to clap the fans only to realise he was being roundly booed. The look on his face has haunted me ever since.

If you were one of the morons who "exercised their right to express their opinion because you paid for your ticket" then, I just want to point out you cost this club a 20-goal a year striker you ******s. You are worse than Ron Martin, and frankly I'd rather you left the club than him.

Spot on.....
personally I havent seen anything from paterson, and last time i saw spencer he had a very ineffectual game to say the least, but i didn't and wouldn't ever boo them , it has to be the most counter-productive action possible. no good can come of it. sooner we realise that, the sooner we'll stop seeing all these ex-shrimper threads with goals being banged in left right and centre.

Some fans really do need to stop being so ****ish sometimes. Like Scannell and Francis aswell, so many fans always called them 2 lazy, rubbish and a waste of space. Then suddenly when you realise there probably up their with our best players. Booing and abusing players on the pitch is ****ing stupid what good will it do? Confidence will go right down which will then bring their game down, no wonder why they ****ing play bad!
If we all keep singing and chanting the WHOLE team, it will attract other players to join us, it's just better for everything. No point abusing players, cos if you wanna do that just say it in your head.
SUFC TILL I DIE

IMHO, Paterson was awful, the guy who mentioned air shots forgot to mention they were within 5 yards of the goal with no-one between him and the keeper! If that wasn't bad enough he made a prat of himelf by stamping his feet afterwards like a petulant schoolboy, I've seen 9 year olds act with more dignity after a **** up!!! Saying all that I was not one to boo him or to abuse him while he was on the pitch but I could probably be heard having a moan on the way back to the cars.
Macca was poor to say the least, looked like he had played a few matches too many. Grant and Francis although made a few errors were the strength in the team.
And although I am not a big fan of Mvoto I have to say he didn't have such a bad game.
Herd needs to learn to stand up in front of oppostion he gives the ball away to easily and Crawford could do with starting more often than being stuck on the bench, he looks to have a bright future, lets hope its with us!!

UTB!!!

The team was a ****ing disgrace today from what I saw Harry Crawford is the only one worth keeping the rest can sod off

1st goal Mildenhall - not a clue out of position should have saved that

2nd goal there players rounds our midfield and our defence before shooting past Mildenhall at his far post

I am sorry Ron your wrong, Tilson your wrong and players YOUR A WASTE OF ****ING SPACE

In the summer I want to see a clear out, new hungry talent and a new manager with a different view on things

Last edited:
Back