• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ..... Oldham

Mick

Life President
Man in charge on Saturday is Keith Hill from Hertfordshire. He is the FA's Regional Referees Manager for the East of England. Does that mean he is a top official? I'm afraid not.

He is in his 12th season and is, in my opinion, way past his best (which wasn't very good anyway). I'm sure his position has much to do with his extended run on the list as better officials seem to have been culled during this time. I do sometimes wonder if he benefits from positive discrimination.

This will be his 17th League and Cup match in charge of Southend and his 14th home game. By and large, we have done quite well with him in charge winning far more than losing. His matches have generally been littered with pickiness, inconsistency and plenty of cards, some justified.

He last visit to Roots Hall was the rearranged match against Scunthorpe; his previous visit a couple of weeks earlier when he called off the same match seconds before the scheduled kick off.

He also did Yeovil away last season.

"Highlights" of his Southend matches: the home defeat by Kingstonian in the Cup (Roget off), home win over Darlington (Searle off), the recent away defeat at Palace (one of his more ok games) and the ever so forgetable 0-0 draw at Oxford in the Cup.

Has was injured for the best part of last season, but would appear fitter this season. He has not managed a cardless match for over two and a half years but, conversely, his red card has not had an airing throughout 2009. Tempting fate I know. Yellow cards this season are no more and no less than average. I'm sure Macca doesn't want to trek up to Stockport next week anyway!

Well, Kettle defied the odds and came up with an acceptable performance. Can we get lucky twice?

Assistants are regular visitors Ian Crouch from Kent and Harry Lennard from East Sussex with Chris Knowles travelling down from Northants to do the numbers board.

Quite pleased I'm missing the match on Saturday now. This bloke is the pits.

Cheers as always Mick.

Shocking ref, who shouldn't be allowed to continue in my opinion.

2rptfmb.jpg

2150s8w.jpg

Matt Dawson or Keith Hill ?

I apologise for these ridiculous image posts i do!

UTB!

We knew he'd be crap before the game even started - for those of you registered on 606, there's this new ref evaluation thing going on, seems a good idea. Posters are asked to vote on the refs each game and then records are being compiled to indicate which are the best.....we had the best last week in Roger East unsurprisingly - here's this week's one, make your views known!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A57643581

I don't think my lookalike for Keith Hill would be deemed suitable for a family site such as SZ

The penalty was soft, but there is nothing wrong with our offside goal.

Even on The Football League Show last night, the commentator said that the officials took "Centre stage" in the match, but that isn't an excuse for our poor performance tbh.

Back