• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Time for a best Oldies team...

I'll start

Sammy
Searle
Prior
Edwards
Brush
O'Callaghan
Gooding
Whelan
Bradbury
Goater
Rammell

any older better players for these positions?

Whats the criteria? Players who were over a certain age when they played for us or just best players ever from a certain time ago?

I think Naps was trying to come up with a team who were all old when they played for us, but still good. Although seeing as he included Kevin O'Callaghan I'm not so sure on the last point.

I'd suggest Rob Newman, Paul Clark and David Crown. Surely Rammell wasn't that old (or that good, come to that).

I think Naps was trying to come up with a team who were all old when they played for us, but still good. Although seeing as he included Kevin O'Callaghan I'm not so sure on the last point.

I'd suggest Rob Newman, Paul Clark and David Crown. Surely Rammell wasn't that old (or that good, come to that).

Maybe Clark over Edwards then. I didnt realise Crowny was so old - OK he takes Rammell's place.

Any midfielders?

If you are just after old, then Paul Furlong up front is a must.

Tilly over O'Callaghan as well. I think he made a couple of appearances after he returned from Canvey.

I'd go for a 5-3-2

Southall
Brush Prior Clark Newman Searle
Gooding Whelan Tilson
Furlong Goater

Sammy can sit on the bench, like he did when he signed for the second time as cover.

Don't forget Freedman for the bench too. And Efe Sodje.

Last edited:
Back