• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On Reflection - Happy Or Not?

Happy with the dealing's?...

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So Bradders, JCR and Paynter go through the exit door on permanent deals for a combined fee of maybe around the 250k mark..

In comes Leon Clarke and Eric Odhiambo on loan deals..

Are you happy with the clubs dealings in the window?

Would have liked a perm. striker to come in, but yeah, I'm happy. The club has my 100% backing whatever they do, and I trust there judgment in signings/leavings.

JCR always tried to beat one man too many. Only scored 2 goals, and they were both on the same match.

Never really saw Paynter, but on the couple of occasions he played last season he looked out of his depth.

Hope the new players get a chance. At least Clarke is over 6ft tall.

I'm not concerned at those going although I would have liked Paynter to get more of a chance.

As for the 2 coming in, Odhiambo if he settles could be made into a longer deal, Clarke will be looking to impress and prove he can cut it. Good pressure for MacDonald and Harrold. Hooper? Is he interested at the moment - I don't know.

In all should put us in a position to BUY in January as we have spent NONE of our transfer kitty.

I am pleased if not slightly dissapointed.....better then what i thought but not as good as i hoped.

But i'm happy :)

Come on you Shrimpers....Top by christmas and a flood of champinship stars signings :)

Roll on Brighton.....I think i need some sleep or i'll fall asleep on coach :)

Yes happy think Tilly and Brush have done good, with money still in the pot for a permant deal for a striker in Jan. Maybe if Leon Clarke does good sign him up in Jan. Feel quite positive, Slightly sad to see JCR go but Tommy Black is a good replacement looking forward to seeing play more games and staying fit. Come you Blues.

To all the non-believers, get real.........

TRUST IN TILLY & BRUSH

Plus, for me, the best bit of business of the whole transfer window, is getting this Swedish guy in. If he progresses as much as Ricky Duncan expects, we'll have a player who is thought of in much the same way as Leicester think of Eric!

Also, hopefully we can still get Jarrett in permanently as he's unattached and so doesn't come under the transfer window rules!

I have faith in Tilly and Brush. I think they have made some good signings this summer but I think they shold have signed another striker. Ok they have got a striker on loan but we need a permenant striker not a loan striker.

Have a feeling if we're in or around at least the players at Xmas, Leon Clarke will become at the very least a permanent target (or maybe return a la McCormack when we get back to Championship level)

The only thing that concerns me a little, is if we don't/can't renew the two loan deals. Becuase then, in terms of power, pace and cover up front, we'd really be up sh*t creek without a paddle.

happy enough with the dealings of today - still have way too many strikers on the books, thought maybe hoops would have gone perhaps but happy nonetheless he is still in a southend shirt....nobody is mentioning richie foran at all - he's back from suspension now and i hope he gets his chance in his preferred striking position rather than being shafted out to the wing...altho with JCR gone, if theres an injury to tommy or gower im sure foran will be back out patrolling the wings...im very afraid he might turn into another paynter and be shipped off without a proper go at it up front - we'll see come May i suppose :(

Back