• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Superb report --- takes me back + sends a tingle down my spine & a tear in my eye...... where did that 38 years go ?????????????

I sat on top of the scoreboard on the old South Bank with my brother in law and a bottle of rum .

Remember it well, thick snow and stamping our feet in the paddock to keep them warm - bodies were fine as we were packed in! Amazing night!

Top of the South Bank, for me.

Also remember the long queues through the car park to get the tickets.

Living at the time in Shropshire I went to Anfield for the replay.....fantastic atmosphere despite losing. Can't believe where the time has gone. Getting old!!! COYBB

A memorable night for several reasons. Ironically had the match been played as scheduled on the Saturday the pitch would have been so much better as walked to Roots Hall and it had all but melted. Although then we may well have lost to a quality Liverpool team and not had that never to be forgoten scoreless draw. We played quite well in the replay as well.

Sat in very back row in East Stand with my son who was 10 years then and we are still sit in same stand now. I have limited edition 30th anniversary print as a reminder of that night.

MoTD Highlights with Mottie, made available by courtesy of Dazzaref

Last edited by a moderator:
I have limited edition 30th anniversary print as a reminder of that night.

I actually printed the programmes, and still have a couple in the loft. Usual print run varied between 2,500 -4,000, depending on the opposition. For this game we ended up with around 24,000.
I started printing the outer 4 pages (on glossy art paper), the previous weekend, a couple of days before we were due to play Watford on New years Day. The snow fell overnight that weekend, and the Watford game was postponed. Earned a fortune in O/T that weekend/ following week. The inside section was printed on our 6 unit Newspaper Goss urbanite Press.
Also printed & numbered all the tickets, and we delivered them the morning they went on sale, and had to drive carefully through the crowds outside the East Stand, en route to delivering them to the main reception entrance.
On the night stood in the West Stand. Wonder how many fans recall the replay at Anfield was called off on the Monday, because of the weather, and re-arranged for the Weds night. My late wife & me still went, but that is another story. Especially trying to get back to the coaches lined up along Stanley Park, without getting mugged & robbed, which befell more than a few Blues fans.

Sat in very back row in East Stand with my son who was 10 years then and we are still sit in same stand now. I have limited edition 30th anniversary print as a reminder of that night.

"When men were men".Yeah me too.

Athough I had a West Stand ticket for the game, I had to pass it onto a mate,after the Saturday postponement,as I was due back at work in Barna on the Monday.(This was in the old Magic bus days when coaches left early on Sunday mornings).:'(

Back