• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
As ever huge thanks to Robin Michels worldy site ... http://www.sufcdb.co.uk/index.php

Not a great record on 9th March as you can see, but i must make mention of the Gills match seeing as we played them yesterday, we went up in that 89/90 season, i'd like to think the class of 2011 could do likewise but i just think we're a little bit short of top quality replacements to make a serious challenge, a defeat at Grimsby a year later when both us and Town were promoted come May and finally defeat at Vale despite a goal from the late Jeroen Boere

2002 Rochdale H D3 0-0
1996 Port Vale A D1 1-2 (Boere)
1991 Grimsby Town A D3 0-1
1990 Gillingham H D4 2-0 (Benjamin Butters)
1973 Watford H D3 0-0
1970 Peterborough Utd H D4 2-0 (Beesley Haydock)
1963 Halifax Town H D3 1-1 (Fryatt)
1962 Watford A D3 3-1 (Jones2 Smith)
1957 Millwall A D3S 0-0
1935 Millwall A D3S 0-1
1929 Fulham A D3S 4-2 (Shankly2 Bailey Donoven)

Hopefully Creaky will pop on later with an account of his Charabanc trip to Fulham ^^^

I do not remember much about the game but still have a picture of us all setting off from the seafront....

24y4axf.jpg

:finger2:

BLUEBLOOD said:
As ever huge thanks to Robin Michels worldy site ... http://www.sufcdb.co.uk/index.php

Not a great record on 9th March as you can see, but i must make mention of the Gills match seeing as we played them yesterday, we went up in that 89/90 season, i'd like to think the class of 2011 could do likewise but i just think we're a little bit short of top quality replacements to make a serious challenge, a defeat at Grimsby a year later when both us and Town were promoted come May and finally defeat at Vale despite a goal from the late Jeroen Boere

2002 Rochdale H D3 0-0
1996 Port Vale A D1 1-2 (Boere)
1991 Grimsby Town A D3 0-1
1990 Gillingham H D4 2-0 (Benjamin Butters)
1973 Watford H D3 0-0
1970 Peterborough Utd H D4 2-0 (Beesley Haydock)
1963 Halifax Town H D3 1-1 (Fryatt)
1962 Watford A D3 3-1 (Jones2 Smith)
1957 Millwall A D3S 0-0
1935 Millwall A D3S 0-1
1929 Fulham A D3S 4-2 (Shankly2 Bailey Donoven)
I remember going to this game. Dave Gilbert scored with a Free-Kick that went through a gaping hole in the wall. There was a very good cartoon in the next edition of RHR IIRC. I think Tilly played up front in this game. Also the closest I've come to any trouble. Went with a mate of mine, and we parked in some back-street. Walking back to the car, just the 2 of us on our own, we suddenly spied a group of about 15 to 20 Grimsby fans walking towards us. Panic started to set in as we walked towards them, and we were just about to run when the group split and we walked through them. We carried on walking for about 50 yards, turned round discreetly to see what was happening, and then ran like **** back to the car.

I remember going to this game. Dave Gilbert scored with a Free-Kick that went through a gaping hole in the wall. There was a very good cartoon in the next edition of RHR IIRC. I think Tilly played up front in this game. Also the closest I've come to any trouble. Went with a mate of mine, and we parked in some back-street. Walking back to the car, just the 2 of us on our own, we suddenly spied a group of about 15 to 20 Grimsby fans walking towards us. Panic started to set in as we walked towards them, and we were just about to run when the group split and we walked through them. We carried on walking for about 50 yards, turned round discreetly to see what was happening, and then ran like **** back to the car.

I've had many a run in at that godforsaken place, the 1-1 draw when we blew promotion it was going off all over

That bugger Gilbert always scored against us whether it was for Grimsby or Northampton he'd reserve his 3 goals per season for us.

Back