• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One for the train spotters.....

Benji91

American Idol
Why do the trains on the DLR have indicators? I noticed it last night as there were no women on the platform worth staring at.
Is it incase they suddenly jump off the tracks and swing a right? :confused:

http://www.icrs.org.uk/images/Photogallery/DLR/DLR75.jpg

Ill be honest - im pretty disgusted with myself for even finding it, but there are 3 lights, one headlights, one rear and the 3rd im sure is an indicator (as it was flashing last night on the train).

Disclaimer: I do like football,beer, women, cars etc. Im not a complete loser. Thanks

Last edited:
Why do the trains on the DLR have indicators? I noticed it last night as there were no women on the platform worth staring at.
Is it incase they suddenly jump off the tracks and swing a right? :confused:

http://www.icrs.org.uk/images/Photogallery/DLR/DLR75.jpg

Ill be honest - im pretty disgusted with myself for even finding it, but there are 3 lights, one headlights, one rear and the 3rd im sure is an indicator (as it was flashing last night on the train).

Disclaimer: I do like football,beer, women, cars etc. Im not a complete loser. Thanks

Would it be a light to indicate the doors being open/closed?

Nah - this was on the front of the train, same kind of place youd see the indicators on a car. Seems completely pointless (having indicators on a train that is, not this thread....... :thump: )

Nah - this was on the front of the train, same kind of place youd see the indicators on a car. Seems completely pointless (having indicators on a train that is, not this thread....... :thump: )

Why dont you ask the driver or a worker at the station when your there after work and ask them, as you seem to really want to know about it? :p :D

I wrote to Ken Livingstone a few months ago saying it would be a good idea if Transport for London 'pimped' a few of their vehicles. Perhaps he has taken me up on my idea.

Did it have a white fur interior?

I was a train spotter for many years. Sadly I no longer practice this pastime, however I am still fond of train travel and I'm also interested in disused train stations.

In answer to your question, my guess is the 'indicator' light you saw relates to the doors being open on a particular side of the train - ie. if the doors are open on the right side of the train the right indicator light flashes.

In answer to your question, my guess is the 'indicator' light you saw relates to the doors being open on a particular side of the train - ie. if the doors are open on the right side of the train the right indicator light flashes.

Thank you, Ailsa Road Shrimper!! That's what I said!! :D

I'm not sure I agree with your theory.

At stations such as Limehouse it is obvious to even the slowest individual what platform the doors will open onto.

At stations such as Canary Wharf the doors open onto both platforms.

I'm off to to the noodle bar for lunch today and the train for the DLR trip to Cutty Sark will be pretty empty.

I will ask the driver and clear this up so we can all get on with our lives.

Last edited:
Did anyone see that woman this morning on the c2c, all business like, phone in hand conducting a call, huffing and puffing about people in the way running for the train that stopped at Limehouse to go to Fenchurch Street, promptly fell down the gap taking half the skin on her shin with her.

How cruel. How funny.

Back