• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend_united_fan

Youth Team
Allright, this season has gone totally pear shaped.

Yes we have had extreemly bad luck...but we have lacked that little bit of extra quality.

The hardest thing to accept is we've been beaton by cr*p teams who rely on big lumps up front and set peices - unfortunatly thier unattractive game plan has taken far too many points away from us.

But the reason for this thread is to highlight how proud I am of my club and the team that I have watched week in week out this season. Despite a lack of quality at times(whether thats weak links that cost us, no striker to partner freddy, the vast amount of time it took clarke etc to settle or the injuries to barrett etc), you can't deny the players aren't going down with a fight.

The commitment is fantastic. A lack of quality can sometimes be mistaken for a lack of effort, yet every player(maybe except prior!) is currently giving thier all, every match(the only match I felt there was no passion was the first half against plymouth). Its brillant to see the likes of foran, macca, jcr and maher chase everything, and actually go into tackels with real intent. From what I've read, leeds gave up a month ago and the team spirt of luton is totaly dissapeared.

Another thing I would briefly like to add is that we are stilll playing some great football - you can't say our football hasn't been entertaining. We've stuck to ou principles and keep the ball on the deck - even if we are playing against much better footballing sides than us. Thats commendable.

In summary, I just wanted to emphisise that IF we went down, I will be still be proud of the team, knowing that they went down with one hell of a fight. I for one will be applaud them with intent after southampton, what ever the result.

Back