• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
After watching the Tilly interview seems very much that his after one more striker. With Ron Martin stating there could be two new players coming in on loan.

So what sort of striker do we need now/ what sort of striker do we lack.

From what i can gather.

Barnard- Poacher. Some pace.
Revell- Target man.
MacDonald- Running down channels and getting behind defences.
Hooper- Loan.
Hal Robson Kanu- Apparenlty strong and pacey- yet to see either.
Harrold- Height.

Maybe we are looking to bring in a striker with pure pace (something we have lacked since Gray i believe).

What does everyone think, and what are peoples thoughts on this 'could be' new striker.

Your thoughts.

All the best.

Last edited:
After seeing his goals v Forest last week I'd like to see us try & get Sam Vokes from Bournemouth on loan with view to a permanent transfer. I know it's kicking them when they're down, but needs must & all that! :p

Yeah i've always viewed Sam Vokes as a good young prospect. In the Wales youth set up I believe- and in their financial situation it could well happen. Thats if he is one of Tilly's targets.

After seeing his goals v Forest last week I'd like to see us try & get Sam Vokes from Bournemouth on loan with view to a permanent transfer. I know it's kicking them when they're down, but needs must & all that! :p

agreed... their best player by a mile.

and to add, i think mcdonald best attributes are running channels and getting behind defences

Just noticed this, admittedly on the BBC Rumour Mill

"Aberdeen striker Steve Lovell's career at the club could be over after a training ground bust-up with coach Sandy Clark. (Scottish Sun)"

Possibility?

Just because Barnards two goals have been tap ins from keeper rebounds doenst make him a poacher just yet.

Its good that he got those and shows good instincts but we cant base his role on less than 2 games played.

If he scores 15 goals + a season tap ins I would of course be delighted!

Just noticed this, admittedly on the BBC Rumour Mill

"Aberdeen striker Steve Lovell's career at the club could be over after a training ground bust-up with coach Sandy Clark. (Scottish Sun)"

Possibility?

Possible as Tilson is known to have been interested in him before.
However, now we've got Revell, the need for this kind of player isn't as key.

After watching the Tilly interview seems very much that his after one more striker. With Ron Martin stating there could be two new players coming in on loan.

So what sort of striker do we need now/ what sort of striker do we lack.

From what i can gather.

Revell- Target man.
MacDonald- Running down channels and getting behind defences.
Hooper- Loan.
Hal Robson Kanu- Apparenlty strong and pacey- yet to see either.
Harrold- Height.

Maybe we are looking to bring in a striker with pure pace (something we have lacked since Gray i believe).

What does everyone think, and what are peoples thoughts on this 'could be' new striker.

Your thoughts.

All the best.

aaah I see what you are missing there, the one that says 'goalscorer' after there name

I still wouldnt be suprised to see Walker come back here once the medical thing has been sorted.

Well i dont have much else to go on. His got two poachers goals thus far to me he appears to be a poacher.

Indeed, although from Freddy's first game against Swansea you may have made the assumption he was a poacher who was good at getting on crosses and scoring headers.

Barnard may well be one but we will see over the course of the coming games.

I still think they're gonna be sniffing around Calvin Andrews from Luton as he's a quality player

do we really need another striker? whats the limit on how many loan players allowed in a season or at one time? are we close to that limit, we've had 4 sofar this season, no?

I can't see it being Andrews. If people remember, we put in a substantial bid for a player but it fell through because he couldn't decide whether to come to the negotiating table in time. IIRC, our bid for Andrew didn't even get past the first hurdle and was rejected by Luton. I don't think they'll be as desperate for the money as they were a month ago, so I don't think it'll be him. You never know though, I might be wrong!

ThAtS fInE wItH mE aNdY, iT lIvEnS uP a DuLl DaY aT wOrK

Do we need another striker? I wouldn't complain but I would rather have a new centre back.

do we really need another striker? whats the limit on how many loan players allowed in a season or at one time? are we close to that limit, we've had 4 sofar this season, no?

I don't think there is a limit on how many you have.

Naarwidge have SEVEN at the moment and had some others earlier in the season.

The only limit is that you'er only allowed to use FIVE in any one game. Unless your Leeds of course, in which case that particular rule doesn't really apply.

Back