• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Fuelled by the striker thread. Largely less than average or worse players with one memorable game. I give you:

Che Wilson v Colchester
Barrington Belgrave v Rushden And Diamonds Boxing Day second half

I’m sure there is plenty more

Gary Hooper - Leeds away in the League Cup 2006

I'm sure Richie Foran also had one fantastic game for us around that time too - where is young Ant when you need him?

Gordon Connelly - One half of sublime football against ?

Help me out here someone...

Owen Simpson - scored the only goal against top of the table Northampton Sept 25 1970 in front of 9,431.

Anyone remember big Richard young, think he scored a couple in his first game in a friendly for us then was one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Southend shirt, think we got him from Ipswich on a free:unsure:

David Morley - he must have had one good game but I can't remember it. I can remember him being given man of the match after making one of his customary basic mistakes in the last few minutes to give the opposition the winner

Ben Lewis - centre half smashed home a winner against Fulham

Brian Lloyd - another who must have had one good game for us

Peter Daley - scored second goal at Col U as we stuttered to promotion in 89/90. 5 sub appearances never started a game.

Leon Johnson was excellent away to Orient in 2002. I don't remember any other noteworthy performances from him.

David Morley - he must have had one good game but I can't remember it. I can remember him being given man of the match after making one of his customary basic mistakes in the last few minutes to give the opposition the winner

Ben Lewis - centre half smashed home a winner against Fulham

Brian Lloyd - another who must have had one good game for us

Peter Daley - scored second goal at Col U as we stuttered to promotion in 89/90. 5 sub appearances never started a game.

I was going to say Peter Daleys goal v the farmhands... really won us Promotion and got them relegated :-) everyone should come is face book friend to show our appreciation :-)

https://www.facebook.com/peter.daley.5

Tony Richards 2 goals in a 4-2 win (I think) against someone, did **** all else.

EDIT - Didn't read the rest of thread, fbm beat me to it!

Anyone remember big Richard young, think he scored a couple in his first game in a friendly for us then was one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Southend shirt, think we got him from Ipswich on a free:unsure:

Oh no not him. He was a pile of poo we signed from Notts County. Probably the highlight of the Dick Bate episode, it all went downhill once we had to start playing matches.

Back