• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One Request

One Request - What would it be?...

• 1. All-Seater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. A complete bowl type design ( All corners filled in)

• 3. Special materials used for increased acoustics

• 4. Seating close to the pitch

• 5. Plenty of food outlets and bars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 6. A couple of pubs/bars outside the ground

• 7. Plenty of car parking spaces

• 8. A Park & Ride scheme

• 9. A Jumbotron TV in one of the corners/on top of the stand

• 10. Other (please state)

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Ok, so If and when the new stadium is built, what would be the one request you would have for Ron to incorporate on the site of our new home?

rock.gif

A mixture of The Acoustic Materials and seating close to the pitch. Too many new stadiums lack atmosphere completely...

In an ideal world I think we would like an all-seater stadium in a bowl type design with seats close to the pitch, a Jumbotron TV, plenty of bars and food outlets, a couple of huge wetherspoon type pubs on each corner and a free park and ride scheme in place...

Yep think that covers it!..

Ron, if your watching, take note please.

Many Thanks.

P.S.. Ron, Sir, Please do not even contemplate building something like Northampton's Sixfields complex, that is the worst stadium I have ever visited.

P.P.S..Is there anyone In the know and with the contacts that can maybe arrange an online wish list that can be sent to Uncle Ron with supporters ideas for the new site, It would be good if us, the life and soul of the club could have a helping hand in the plans...

rock.gif

An area where supporters are encouraged to make as much noise as possible.  I hate to use the term "singing area" or failing that areas of the ground, preferably behind the goal(s) where it's sit where you want.

I also think the away fans need to sit along the touchline in one of the corners so we can fleece them for more cash as other teams e.g. Oxford & Carlisle have done to us.  (This is purely because it costs more to sit on the side than behind the goal, before anyone says it's against the rules to over-charge away fans).  Could also help the on-pitch performances as often teams tend to raise the game away from home whilst attacking their own fans.

Erm.... all of the above!

Probably a close tie between improved acoustics and plenty of food outlets for me

I think we need to make sure we have one vocal 'end' for home supporters and we need to do as much to encourage that as possible.

Perhaps a fixed lower price of £16 for adults (I'm accounting for inflation by the time the ground is built) and no season tickets so we can introduce unreserved seating. Also ensure that the roof has excellent acoustics and that the seats are very close to the pitch. Oh and make sure there is a bar under the stand!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Perhaps a fixed lower price of £16 for adults
Prices will be higher if we are in The Championship, extra wages to pay and all that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] and no season tickets so we can introduce unreserved seating
Wont happen as the Club needs the money at the start of the season and likes to know how many seats they need to sell for the rest of the season

Another idea to raise a bit of cash.
Sponsored bricks that supporters can be to get thier name on the stadium for eternity. Sunderland did this with the Stadium of Light.
I know I'd buy one for me & one for my daughter!

I would want special accoustics for the home ends to magnify the sound from the stands - but also special materials in the away end to deaden the sound from the away fans

biggrin.gif

p.s. sponsored bricks is a great idea. I'd have one - as would each of the family

So, as per my earlier post in this thread, can anyone put together a wish list that can be sent to Uncle Ron then?

Or is there anyone who can ask Ron if the supporters can have some sort of influence on the designs?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 08 2006,09:45)]Erm.... all of the above!
Agreed, which can be summed up as "please don't cut any corners, ala Nothampton, Chester etc, etc". In particular, a decent amount of leg room for us six footers.

So a quick update so far on the fans feelings...

Most of us want to be on top of the players (not literally) by having the seats right on the touchline...

Also us, the fans want special materials used (like Wembley) to increase the noise levels...

So basically most want an electric and intimidating atmosphere at the new ground as their main request.

I wonder why!

I hope your jotting this all down Uncle ron...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 09 2006,22:52)]So a quick update so far on the fans feelings...

Most of us want to be on top of the players (not literally) by having the seats right on the touchline...

Also us, the fans want special materials used (like Wembley) to increase the noise levels...

So basically most want an electric and intimidating atmosphere at the new ground as their main request.

I wonder why!

I hope your jotting this all down Uncle ron...

biggrin.gif
It is highly likely that if, like ron suggests, plans willl be submitted before next season then they would have already gone though at least two design phases already. Meaning that Ron, assuming he is the client, will have reviewed the original plans, made suggestions as his likes and dislikes and reviewed the revisions. Therefore, any suggestions or input from the fans will be irrelevant. However, it would have been nice if Ron or the club at least had asked for our ideas previously.

Id agree with all of the suggested ideas above but amongst all, I would like the stadium to be different. Something that divides it from the average modern stadium. My idea is to involve a sustainability influence or function. After looking at the original plans released for the previous spec, it showed maybe, an attempt to include this - the lawned areas around the exterior of the stadium itself around the entrances However, what if there was a way of continuing these lawned areas further so that it became the roofs of each stand? This, in essence making the stadium itself seem almost underground. There could be fencing around the ridge of the roof so that spectators could view over the pitch from the roof! Disadvantages would be that increasing the capacity would prove difficult and at an expense. It would also prove expensive to built but I'm certain there is a way of doing it. It would most definately be one of the most interesting stadiums in the world, something that would become a landmark for the area and most importantly become a stunning home for the only team in essex! Or have I just let my imagination get the better of me?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Mar. 11 2006,16:50)]What if there was a way of continuing these lawned areas further so that it became the roofs of each stand? This, in essence making the stadium itself seem almost underground. !
That sounds so cool!!! I too think the club has to do something which makes the new ground stand out, unlike places like Walkers, the Liberty and KC (boring) and this sounds..... well unusual to say the least!!!
biggrin.gif

A shuttle bus between the Spread/anywhere in the world I might be, and the new ground.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Mar. 11 2006,16:50)]However, what if there was a way of continuing these lawned areas further so that it became the roofs of each stand? This, in essence making the stadium itself seem almost underground. There could be fencing around the ridge of the roof so that spectators could view over the pitch from the roof! Disadvantages would be that increasing the capacity would prove difficult and at an expense. It would also prove expensive to built but I'm certain there is a way of doing it. It would most definately be one of the most interesting stadiums in the world, something that would become a landmark for the area and most importantly become a stunning home for the only team in essex! Or have I just let my imagination get the better of me?
Like the sound of it

I think it should be a ground that people just need one look to say thats southend. Make it something that stands out from all the same look new grounds about now.

Norwich used the brick idea with the building of their new south stand. They raised quite a bit as well. I would certainly buy a brick.

Back