• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Online Sports Betting

Question for my fellow feckless gamblers out there. Which site do you think is best for an online flutter? I'd always used William Hill, but I've been visiting Ladbrokes recently as a mark of respect to my occasional odds advisor, Mr Uxbridge. I find that the Hills site is better laid out, with a better range of markets, but Ladbrokes offer far more generous odds. I've heard good things about Paddy Power - what do other zoners think? Where's the best place to **** my money up the wall?

I really liked Eurobet for a while but the odds are never that great. I am an obsessive gambler and I love Hills. The site is so easy to use and they pay up almost instantly upon a win.

Tried Ladbrooks again out of respect fot Ux but didnt get on. It also bothered me that in some small why I might be contributing to Jonny Tightpants wages and making his pitiful Orient supporting life a tad happiers and that make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Last edited:
I like bet365 myself - site well laid out, lots of live streaming and plenty of in-play opportunities.

William Hill have kicked on quite well after stagnating for years, which means Ladbrokes have fallen behind a bit. A new version of Ladbrokes.com will be coming in the autumn, a project that I was working on before I changed roles. Without me poking my oar in, it's likely to be pretty tasty.

Paddy Power are always worth bearing in mind for long-term bets as they do stupid things like pay out on Celtic if Rangers lose their first game or pay out on Stoke to relegated after one game.

Tried Ladbrooks again out of respect fot Ux but didnt get on. It also bothered me that in some small why I might be contributing to Jonny Tightpants wages and that make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Why was that Dave? Genuinely interested to know - I'll feed it back to the eGaming guys.

And don't worry, Stokes has gone now ;)

I think you'll see a lot of me on this thread, but now it's time do some shop visits....

Why was that Dave? Genuinely interested to know - I'll feed it back to the eGaming guys.

And don't worry, Stokes has gone now ;)

I think you'll see a lot of me on this thread, but now it's time do some shop visits....

Found it a bit cumbersome to use. Tried to place bets and it kepy stalling. Didnt give it too long in fairness but just found the use of Eurobet and William Hills a lot easier.

For me the nicest site to use is Bet365 by a long way. I've tried Coral, WillHill, Ladbrokes but found 365 to have a much better layout.

Agreed Bet 365 is the best site and seem to do the best promotions ie free bet on tv race if you have the winner of the previous tv race at 4/1 or more.

used BlueSq for quite a while, now have accounts with Laddies and WillHill (personal fav) and Betfair

Found it a bit cumbersome to use. Tried to place bets and it kept stalling.

We've had a few such problems. As a punter, I certainly wouldn't have much patience for that sort of thing.

I have accounts with most bookmakers in order to take advantage of whatever the best price is. It's a bitch trying to remember all my usernames and passwords though!

I also record every bet I place in an excel spreadsheet, it's nice to know how you're doing for the year - just about up for the moment, but the Tour de France is not going my way, so I may slip in to the red Sunday week :unsure:

We've had a few such problems. As a punter, I certainly wouldn't have much patience for that sort of thing.

I have accounts with most bookmakers in order to take advantage of whatever the best price is. It's a bitch trying to remember all my usernames and passwords though!

I also record every bet I place in an excel spreadsheet, it's nice to know how you're doing for the year - just about up for the moment, but the Tour de France is not going my way, so I may slip in to the red Sunday week :unsure:

talking of which, it would be great if you could automatically download your betting history data in excel format, because I do the same.

I always thought this would be sensible for online banking too... to encourage people to keep on top of their finances. I suppose I'm too much of an Excel geek

talking of which, it would be great if you could automatically download your betting history data in excel format, because I do the same.

Any betting company worth their salt will do that for you (although I accept it would be useful to be able to do it oneself).

Sporting Index for Spread Betting, Paddypower for fixed odds.

One thing strange about Sporting Index, if I ever phone them or email them, the same bloke always answers. Not sure how big a company they are but it seems more than a coincidence that its always this geezer.

Also, they dont chase you to square your account up which is handy

Sporting Index for Spread Betting, Paddypower for fixed odds.

One thing strange about Sporting Index, if I ever phone them or email them, the same bloke always answers. Not sure how big a company they are but it seems more than a coincidence that its always this geezer.

Also, they dont chase you to square your account up which is handy

They possibly have some form of elite desk. Big punters at Ladbrokes will often be put through to the same operator, apparently it's fairly easy to do from a telephony point of view.

I use Paddy power. Pretty good for in game betting etc. I only bet a couple of quid occasionally, I can see how people could get addicted on it though.

It has to be BetFair with fellow punters setting the odds. In game gambling all day long for most sports. Coral is slow!

Outside of that Skybet is my personal preference.

They possibly have some form of elite desk. Big punters at Ladbrokes will often be put through to the same operator, apparently it's fairly easy to do from a telephony point of view.

Cool, they must have a "Its this mug punter again" desk specially reserved for me then.

Back