• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gremlin

Life President⭐
Just noticed that tickets for all of the first four home league matches this season are now available for sale online. I thought I remembered that last season the club could only sell in advance this way two league matches at a time. If that ever really was a problem then it seems it's been overcome.

If anyone hasn't used this service before I'd encourage them to give it a try. You choose your seat, pay the cheaper advance ticket price and there's no charge for postage. Saves time & money versus the matchday experience. I've used it many times and it's never failed me.

https://ticketing.southend-united.co.uk/

Well played to the ticket office!

Is it possible to buy away tickets too and just none showing up because the info hasn't been released yet? If so, they probably should make it say "Vs Stevenage 16/08/14 (Home)" just to save confusion.

Mods, maybe make this a sticky thread to keep it at the top and more visible?

would like to see away tickets plus cup games maybe pre season as well

I can remember that it was only a few years ago when we could get a ticket sent to your phone as a text- apparently we were one of the first clubs to get this technology

One better step would be that you have the option to print your ticket off at home. Saves on postage for the club/purchaser.

One better step would be that you have the option to print your ticket off at home. Saves on postage for the club/purchaser.

This does seem to be becoming a popular option in other lines of business. And of course there is advertising revenue to be had in the space on the ticket around the barcode and event info.

Mobile QR / barcodes are the way ahead, no need to print (save the environment etc!). Everyone has a mobile phone - create an app and send it directly to passbook or android equivalent like easyjet, eventbrite . . . job done!

Mobile QR / barcodes are the way ahead, no need to print (save the environment etc!). Everyone has a mobile phone - create an app and send it directly to passbook or android equivalent like easyjet, eventbrite . . . job done!

They did do that briefly, I remember getting something text to my phone once.

Perhaps this is a question for SK in due course? In the long term it should save the club both time and money with the reduced administration levels!

What a ludicrous statement. Of course NOT everyone has a mobile phone and of those that do, especially amongst our older patrons, a very large number have phones (or users) incapable of processing QR/barcodes, apps and the like.

Given that two of the three tickets I have bought this season have been rejected at the turnstile, it really doesn't matter what you use, if the basic system is not up to the job.

Credit where it's due.Since seatbooker has returned the online service has greatly improved.

Would agree about printing out tickets at home too.

That's standard practice for pop concerts here these days, while the local postal service seems to be stuck somewhere in the mid-20th century.

Another useful option would be to collect the tickets on matchday, which you can't do online but can if you phone up.

What a ludicrous statement. Of course NOT everyone has a mobile phone and of those that do, especially amongst our older patrons, a very large number have phones (or users) incapable of processing QR/barcodes, apps and the like.

Given that two of the three tickets I have bought this season have been rejected at the turnstile, it really doesn't matter what you use, if the basic system is not up to the job.

Is it really? I think you'd be surprised! The vast majority of those who purchase tickets at SUFC would have a mobile and of those I would predict a high percentage would have a smart phone of some description (at the very least capable of receiving a MMS which could host a QR or barcode!). My Dad of 70+ has a smart phone and uses it regularly for easyjet flights (I've seen many older people at the gates of Southend airport doing the same!), the percentage of old patrons with smartphones will only end up increasing over time.

Whilst I'm not suggesting it should be the only option at present, we should have a longer term aim of removing printed tickets completely.

Whilst I'm not suggesting it should be the only option at present, we should have a longer term aim of removing printed tickets completely.

I'd agree with that. Usually when I've bought tickets online they have arrived within two day but unfortunately for this Saturdays game its been 10 days with no sign of them. I'd quite happily have something sent straight to my phone to cut out the potential of tickets going astray in the post.

Is it really? I think you'd be surprised! The vast majority of those who purchase tickets at SUFC would have a mobile and of those I would predict a high percentage would have a smart phone of some description (at the very least capable of receiving a MMS which could host a QR or barcode!). My Dad of 70+ has a smart phone and uses it regularly for easyjet flights (I've seen many older people at the gates of Southend airport doing the same!), the percentage of old patrons with smartphones will only end up increasing over time.

My Dad and father in law both have mobile phones. Sadly they are both from circa 1993 so would struggle to use them for something like that.

That said the majority do so would be nice to utilise the technology.

Ordered my ticket for AFC Wimbledon Tuesday and it turned up in the post today, well pleased with that, looking forward to my first ever Southend game.

I'd agree with that. Usually when I've bought tickets online they have arrived within two day but unfortunately for this Saturdays game its been 10 days with no sign of them. I'd quite happily have something sent straight to my phone to cut out the potential of tickets going astray in the post.

I am also waiting for my Stevenage tickets to arrive. Contacted the club and was told they would be sent out by first class post yesterday. I'm hoping they will arrive in time for the game!!

I usually wait until later in the week when I book online as then I can collect the ticket on the day rather than relying on post.

I wish you could buy away tickets online - a service which Stevenage are offering, incidentally. Certainly would have been useful for the play-offs at the end of last season!

I paid for a ticket on line for the stevenage game on weds 6 fully expecting to get my ticket in the post by Sat morning, when i still had not received my ticket by monday i was not very happy so i walked down to the ticket office and got my ticket there as nobody at the ticket office could tell me if the ticket had been posted or not.I HOPE THEY GET THERE ACT TOGETHER FOR FUTURE GAMES.

Back