• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

The club obviously listened when I reported the results of the Zone poll on Friday games.

The Trust also stated their members preferred Saturday games

Well done the us. :thumbsup:

A great move by the club, means us exiles stand more of a chance to getting to home games.

How did this get from holding a poll on the preference of Friday or Saturday night games to taking over the building of Fossetts Farm?!!!

Back in the 60's,Friday night football at Roots Hall ruled.But these days I much prefer Saturday afternoons.Funny how things change

Personally I prefer Saturdays as it leaves the whole weekend free ---- working Monday to Friday and also running the Zone leaves me not a lot of time.

The club obviously listened when I reported the results of the Zone poll on Friday games.

The Trust also stated their members preferred Saturday games

Well done the us. :thumbsup:

Given that the poll showed that 35% of the voters preferred Friday football and it's being capped at not much over 15% of the matches on Friday, I'm not sure how carefully they listened. This is neither first past the post nor proportional representation !

Given that the poll showed that 35% of the voters preferred Friday football and it's being capped at not much over 15% of the matches on Friday, I'm not sure how carefully they listened. This is neither first past the post nor proportional representation !

The poll is a bit misleading though because Im sure that some of the people who liked Friday games still want Saturday games as well and wouldnt want just Friday matches?

Sounds like we need more polls.

The poll is a bit misleading though because Im sure that some of the people who liked Friday games still want Saturday games as well and wouldnt want just Friday matches?

Sounds like we need more polls.

Indeed, I am sure many of the Friday preferences would be quite happy with a decent number of Saturday home games and vice versa. How they took the results of a black and white poll with a turn out of about 5% of our home gate (and probably with a disproportionate number of "exiles") and decided that a maximum of three Friday games was appropriate, I can't begin to imagine.

Mick, The Trust figures from their survey backed the Zone 's numbers pretty well. It may only represent a small percentage of the support but the people preferring Saturday was 2 - 1, I personally like Friday nights.

I am sure the club will observe the figures over the season and make any changes needed when we start playing in our new stadium.

Indeed, I am sure many of the Friday preferences would be quite happy with a decent number of Saturday home games and vice versa. How they took the results of a black and white poll with a turn out of about 5% of our home gate (and probably with a disproportionate number of "exiles") and decided that a maximum of three Friday games was appropriate, I can't begin to imagine.

I suspect they looked most closely at gate receipts.

However the best news about this (and I'd have preferred more than 3) is that the Friday games will be spread out.

Back