• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ryansm05

Coach
As it says on the tin - a thread to discuss the signings of other League One/Two sides.

I'll get it started with Andy Williams who has left Swindon to join Doncaster on a three year deal. "They're trying to build a young club at Swindon and, at 28, I don't quite fit that any more." That's quite surprising given that he scored 22 goals last season!!

If P. Brown wanted him, he would gone for him! I am waiting to see which players he would sign for us!

I dont buy into this all the players and agents are on holiday nonsense.

It seems to me that if other clubs are able to sign 3 or 4 players already and are being quick to snap up players then there is no reason we cant do the same.

We have a budget that there is no budging from. Other clubs have far bigger budgets than us and therefore know they can offer x amount and basically be guaranteed said target. I believe Brown has always been quite fussy with his transfers too wanting value for money as well as the right attitude, one thing is for sure Browns players have always given 100% effort. Can the same be said for other lower league 'great signings' be patient peeps signings will be made

Absolutely.

Other clubs have been quick off the mark, but we act with the speed of a striking sloth regarding bringing players in. Even PB said being in the playoffs was a bit of a disadvantage as other clubs in whatever division we are in can start reshaping their squads earlier. And with the amount of activity already transacted is is a fallacy to keep reffering to players/agents being on holiday. If we are looking for 5 possibly 6 players and strikers are a priority , then this lack of activity is slightly concerning at this stage. Some good players have already been snapped up. Another week and no new faces , for me, would increase the concern. After all we are only a fortnight before pre season training commences, and for me it would be far more preferable to have the squad in place by then.

Corr went quick enough....

I do think it's a case of the higher payers signing players first, then clubs of our size and lower fight for the scraps. Players will officially be out of contract and desperate for a club/job.

Not a dig at our club, just a realistic view. Also, as a club we tend to sign our players later in the summer, I guess that means 4/5 maybe 6 less weekly wages for a month or so, that saves the club c£20-30k

Absolutely.

Other clubs have been quick off the mark, but we act with the speed of a striking sloth regarding bringing players in. Even PB said being in the playoffs was a bit of a disadvantage as other clubs in whatever division we are in can start reshaping their squads earlier. And with the amount of activity already transacted it is a fallacy to keep reffering to players/agents being on holiday. If we are looking for 5 possibly 6 players and strikers are a priority , then this lack of activity is slightly concerning at this stage. Some good players have already been snapped up. Another week and no new faces , for me, would increase the concern. After all we are only a fortnight before pre season training commences, and for me it would be far more preferable to have the squad in place by then.

To be fair, who have been Brown's best signings, Coker, Worrall, White?

White joined 27th June 2013, Coker 15th July 2013, Worrall 23rd July 2014.

No need to worry just because other clubs have signed up 32 players in 10 days. We have always got the trials in July where we can snap up the likes of Coulthirst, Barnard and Weston

To be fair, who have been Brown's best signings, Coker, Worrall, White?

White joined 27th June 2013, Coker 15th July 2013, Worrall 23rd July 2014.

Cian Bolger is looking like a good signing too, signed 5th August 2014.

I'd rather us sign player who will make us better than panic and sign anyone available. If we had made all our signings by the end of June, and someone from the division above was made available who would go straight into our team then there'd be lots of moaning on here (more than usual :winking:).

The transfer window ends on 31st August, over 2 months away, and our first game is 8th August, over a month and a half away. Relax.

I think we frustrated as there is nothing else to focus on. I rather we get the right players than panic and sign the first that become available. If we had plenty of cash you can be more speculative but we do not have that luxury. Not that I'm saying other clubs have spare cash. I'd rather Brown takes his time and get the right players. Brown's not new to management so I believe he knows what he is doing.

If we're in the same position in a couple of weeks time then it is time to start worrying

Personally a fan of our signings being available as early in preseason as possible, allows them more time to bond and learn how your teammates play etc

I think we frustrated as there is nothing else to focus on. I rather we get the right players than panic and sign the first that become available. If we had plenty of cash you can be more speculative but we do not have that luxury. Not that I'm saying other clubs have spare cash. I'd rather Brown takes his time and get the right players. Brown's not new to management so I believe he knows what he is doing.

If we're in the same position in a couple of weeks time then it is time to start worrying

I wouldn't say that Tom Pope and Leon Clarke are panic buys. Bury have got in early and signed 2 good strikers.

I always find these threads amusing. It shows who has a summer hobby and who really needs one.

It is all very well saying we should sign players now but how would you make that happen?

No need to worry just because other clubs have signed up 32 players in 10 days. We have always got the trials in July where we can snap up the likes of Coulthirst, Barnard and Weston
The time we get around to signing new faces that is more than likely to be the calibre of talent left for us to sign. Burton and Bury have shown intent and purpose to what they want to achieve this coming season. We have only had the we need 5 or 6 new faces from PB. We quite likely will get new faces, but not the quality we need to push on again !:sad:

I distinctly remember an away game at Doncaster when he barely even bothered to run. Got booed by our fans IIRC. Didn't end well although I admit he was a decent player when he could be arsed.

If I was a Bury fan I'd be a little concerned at how much money they're throwing around. Surely they've learned from their troubles of the past?

whats the worry peps loads of time left brown will get what he wants he has done well in his time with us so far
no reason to think otherwise sit back relax put u barbies on lol maybe not in this weather

I wouldn't say that Tom Pope and Leon Clarke are panic buys. Bury have got in early and signed 2 good strikers.

Clarke isnt a good signing in my book. Too much money for a pain in the arse.

Bury also had two weeks head start on us to get started too.

Back