• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Organ donors 'should be offered funeral expenses'

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Would this encourage you to donate or would you donate anyway?

Another age old Shimperzone topic. Organ donation should be opt out rather than in, though that's a good idea I have to say.

I recently heard that families of those who donate their bodies to science, get the bodies back once "science" has finished with them and then have to sort out the funeral themselves.

Although the body farm idea for the development of forensics sounds weirdly appealing
(its the only way Tara Fitzgerald would ever touch me.....)

I recently heard that families of those who donate their bodies to science, get the bodies back once "science" has finished with them and then have to sort out the funeral themselves.

Although the body farm idea for the development of forensics sounds weirdly appealing
(its the only way Tara Fitzgerald would ever touch me.....)

Did you see the Stephen Fry in America visit to the body farm?

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/?p=3130

Thanks to personal sugar abuse most of my organs are knackered,apart from my heart and lungs i think but in answer yes i would think about it for he cost of a burning.

For this to work the funding would need to coexist(!) with the time of death as funeral costs will rise.

Other than that, perhaps, it could be 'sold' when a person decides to take a prepaid funeral plan?

Personally, having seen what I have seen over the years, those in the health industry tend to donate but I feel everyone needs to make their own personal decision......

Back