• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CS Cockles

First XI
What is everyones opinions about the disgraceful scenes I wittnesed from 'So Called' Southend fans intimidating and racially harasing residents and shop keepers on the way back to the station at Orient on Sturday, My personal opinion is that the shrimpers fans where bang out of order to the Arabs and Muslims of Leytonstone. I felt embarressed to see shop keepers with all theres goods laying on the floor. We should be welcoming these people with open arms to this country, not making them feel un wanted. I was also phisically sick when I saw about 30 southend fans kick the sh*t out of a father with his two children in the pub before the game, those screams will stay with me for a long long time. What does everyone else think?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ Feb. 23 2004,15:02)]What is everyones opinions about the disgraceful scenes I wittnesed from 'So Called' Southend fans intimidating and racially harasing residents and shop keepers on the way back to the station at Orient on Sturday, My personal opinion is that the shrimpers fans where bang out of order to the Arabs and Muslims of Leytonstone. I felt embarressed to see shop keepers with all theres goods laying on the floor. We should be welcoming these people with open arms to this country, not making them feel un wanted. I was also phisically sick when I saw about 30 southend fans kick the sh*t out of a father with his two children in the pub before the game, those screams will stay with me for a long long time. What does everyone else think?
My brother Lance was at the game and he too was horrified at the barbaric scenes after that game and he has vowed not too return to which i am shocked and sadened at.

Apparantely two fans who are well known to the police attacked and spat at Orient fans in the Coach and Horses and then set about them with such force one of them had a bloody lip.
Then after the game some of our so called fans stole some fruit from one of the local asian shops and bombarded the owner with oranges and potatoes which i find unforgivable.
What have the Muslims ever done to us i ask ? , absolutely nothing is the answer so why do this mindless bafoons act in this way.

My other brother Clayton who was with Lance has wrote a letter to Geoffrey King about the two incidents and he too is questioning his future role as a blues fan which is a shame because he is only 17.

BRING BACK THE BIRCH I SAY.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Bring back the birch I say........!

I myself witnessed one poor lad in a Tottenham jacket get his eyeball sucked out by some Burberry clad "monster". The same hooligan then stole a marrow from outside of one of the local greengrocers put it down his pants and ran down the street shouting "I've got a bigger Knob than King Don"

I was mortified!
wow.gif

that is wrong. what goes on in the football ground should stay in the football ground. kicking a guys head in is harsh as f**k and needs to be sorted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Loyal Supporter of SUFC @ Feb. 23 2004,15:21)]that is wrong. what goes on in the football ground should stay in the football ground. kicking a guys head in is harsh as f**k and needs to be sorted.
I think maybe you need to take Cockles initial post with a large pinch of salt!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Feb. 23 2004,15:18)]Bring back the birch I say........!

I myself witnessed one poor lad in a Tottenham jacket get his eyeball sucked out by some Burberry clad "monster". The same hooligan then stole a marrow from outside of one of the local greengrocers put it down his pants and ran down the street shouting "I've got a bigger Knob than King Don"

I was mortified!
wow.gif
I don't think this is a time for jokes Wessex i myself am not laughing and neither are Lance or Clayton.

Its a shame, why cant fans just stick to supporting their team and not cause violence

It is disgraceful. I am all for banter inside the ground with opposition supporters but when it turns into fighting that sickening.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ Feb. 23 2004,16:36)]It is disgraceful. I am all for banter inside the ground with opposition supporters but when it turns into fighting that sickening.
Hear Hear

The naivety is shocking but nevertheless very funny.
Cockles exploits it particularly well though!
wink.gif

I think Leyton is a filthy hole and as such chose to spend as little time as possible there on Saturday.

Hence, I didn't see any trouble, but was there any? If so, was it really that bad?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was also phisically sick when I saw about 30 southend fans kick the sh*t out of a father with his two children in the pub before the game

Before I start this post I do not condone acts of violence. And I warn this will be a long post to explain the way I saw the situation if anyone is interested.

Arriving in the Pub approx 12pm, it was just beginning to fill up with Southend fans, but not as busy as has been in recent years when I've been in there early. The fans starting to gather round the big screen for the premiersh*t match.

Having supported Southend for many years you see familar faces and with that you see the ones where you know if trouble happens, it will often be linked back to this crowd.

Now when the 'father' walked into the pub it was not overly busy and he was without any children. He was with another guy and both about 35 I would guess. Without stereotyping(so please do not be personally offended) this guy was very 'rough' looking with a number of visible piercings and tattoo's. Make no mistake, if I was a 16 year old girl and being followed by this guy in a dark alley I would run for my life.
As soon as they walked in they were glaring in the direction of anyone with a Blues shirt on. Personally to me I felt they were looking for trouble straight away.

By about 2pm the pub was shoulder to shoulder and a lot of song chanting was going on by the blues fans in there. There were a dozen or so Orient in there and 'friendly' banter was exchanged. Now I remember thinking this 'father' was taking things a tad too far by starting to make gestures and actually pointing at a number of individuals. Not that the Southend were angels and not reacting back I will add.

Now imagine, you have your children with you, would you look for trouble and incite rivals fans in a busy pub? Would you endanger your own kids?

Coming up to 2.30pm I think some of the Orient lads realised they had actually maybe took things a little too far. Now when leaving this guy suddenly has children walking infront of him that I 'personally' think he would hope help him when he walked through the crowds. I think this initially worked in his favour and he walked past a lot of the fans, BUT then turned round and started to taunt them again.

Now I'll leave this as an open question to anyone, why the hell would you turn around and not carry on walking if you weren't looking for trouble?

There was one Southend guy who was trying to calm things down and just telling the bloke to carry on walking, he persisted by trying to get back to them. Then punches were exchanged between him and a couple of fans he had just walked past. Even after the first couple of punches he wanted more, it was only when the Southend fans behind him became involved that he scrambled outside himself outside.

Now when walking outside there was a police line with him behind pointing out individuals who were involved. The children were nowhere to be seen. When seeing him inside the ground (stand to our left) again he was not with children.

I did not see the incidents after the game as I left immediately as the whistle went so I cannot and will not comment on the other events mentioned.

However, as I said at the start of this post I do not condone acts of violence, but feel the post was a tad harsh on the Southend fans on this occasion. I was not in any way connected to the violence.

And if anyone has read all of this to the end, well done!

Loyal Blue

Just curious. I have no idea at all what went on, honest!

Nice on Loyal Blue, cheers.

And I did read it all the way through
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Feb. 23 2004,15:19)]Pathetic. They should be banned from ever getting near a ground again.
Absolutely. They should also be banned from any shops where marrows are on sale. I think that from now on, as a punishment, they should sing the STC athemn - "We are the World" before every game. Perhaps they could start at the next Leyton Orient home game to show that when it comes to it, we really CAN all make a difference. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

There's no point moaning about it it's a part of football,even though it shouldn't be. I was also sickened to read this morning that a significant section of Sunderland's away fans sang anti-Welsh chants during a minutes silence for John Charles at Cardiff.
What a great world we live in
sad.gif

Back