• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well only the original post says anything, the rest seem gutted, as we would have been.

Just spent five minutes reading the posts, so so funny.

Just makes me even happier if that is possible, the fact that they had to watch the joyous scenes with the pitch invasion, they seems to have really hit a nerve with them. Brilliant, this is what it's all about, all th ebad days and now this :thumbsup:

UTB

"Massively out sang us" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Quietest away support for a full stand ever at roots hall.

spent a good half hour just reading through them all! nice to see they do have some realistic fans who just know their team is s***:hilarious:

Sit in East Blacks and to be honest didn't really hear their fans much, only the sound of the tails dragging along the ground as they left :raspberry:

:hilarious:

I hardly heard the "We hate Orient" chant from watching on TV. Also hardly heard their fans apart from the 5 mins after they scored.

:hilarious:

I hardly heard the "We hate Orient" chant from watching on TV. Also hardly heard their fans apart from the 5 mins after they scored.

It wasnt really sung that much, didnt hear it much in the Family enclosure anyway.

When we were chanting with all three sides, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Must have got the players rallied on the pitch!

I read them and probably feel more sympathetic than ever. They live a few miles from that ***** club,. They could be glory hunting fans by hoping on to a bus or tube to watch premiership crap. But they do what we do. Support a crap team and hope for days like this. TBH I view them as our kin.
Pity they HAD to lose :happy::happy::happy::happy:

Being so close to their fans (Sitting in the East Blue) made it even more special for me, the rush and buzz when we scored was up there with any goal I have ever celebrated, I hope our celebrations haunt them :happy:

WEM-BER-LEE, WEM-BER-LEE

Sat opposite a couple of true gents on their way to the game last night. Travelled the country to watch football. One in particular an Orient fan. Came to the Bury cup game at Roots Hall as orient was called off. Just loved football. Very knowledgeable very gracious, a true gent.

Don't care much for fan rivalries. Fan banter yes, but rivalries and slagging matches no thanks. Been there done that - then I grew up .

there are sour grapes, i think you would have been the same.

in my view its just frustration. With all due respect you are a long ball team (only based on the 2 games ive seen) We created so many chances and couldnt put them away, which is our own fault. just seems a bit of an injustice in my view but then again we couldnt beat you over two legs so fair play.

Sat opposite a couple of true gents on their way to the game last night. Travelled the country to watch football. One in particular an Orient fan. Came to the Bury cup game at Roots Hall as orient was called off. Just loved football. Very knowledgeable very gracious, a true gent.

Don't care much for fan rivalries. Fan banter yes, but rivalries and slagging matches no thanks. Been there done that - then I grew up .

Agreed. Nothing wrong with Orient or their fans. I haven't even thought about them today as the joy is all ours. They'll be gutted, and rightly so, but rubbing their noses in it is pointless. Now, Colchester on the other hand................

in my view its just frustration. With all due respect you are a long ball team (only based on the 2 games ive seen) We created so many chances and couldnt put them away, which is our own fault. just seems a bit of an injustice in my view but then again we couldnt beat you over two legs so fair play.

Based on the two legs, you did exactly the same playing it straight up to Batt. As for chances, over the 2 legs you had 30 shots and we had 20 shots.

Agreed that comments on your forum are just out of frustration and I'm sure similar comments would have been made on here if we had lost.

We're certainly not Barcelona, but we're also no more a long ball team than yourselves. After watching both matches, the 1st leg on TV (I refuse to go to Orient and give Barry Hearn any of my money) and the 2nd leg at Roots Hall I wouldn't have picked either team out as being overly "long ball".

Maybe you should go and watch Cheltenham, then you'll see what a long ball team is...

I will add, however, that I thought you were the better side last night, which doesn't surprise me given the amount of injuries and suspensions we've had to deal with. Barker and Philips may have been back for last night, but each was at fault for a goal. They may have been fit, but they certainly weren't match sharp. Our central midfield is completely decimated, and even the players we have brought it were cup-tied. It therefore isn't a surprise to me that we didn't have much of a midfield...

yeah good point. we got sucked into a long ball game last night, really dont know why because we dominated when we put it on the ground. I think when batt plays we have the tendancy to hit it long. baffles me.

i just dont think you troubled us too much, thats the gutting bit. apart from pick the ball out of the net twice i think our keeper could have stayed at home. but again, you took your chances, far play.

Back