• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Love it!!!!

There are already talking about Wembley ticket prices for final

There know about our injury crisis and think BBC would be a crap CB

Moshni in on about 4 threads but they dont rate him?

Some on there think it will be a cricket score

They think they are taking north and west stand

I hate Orient with a passion - Bring on Wednesday night

They should be confident. I would be in their shoes.

Reassuringly for us, if we do lose in 90 minutes, we have a buffer of a shoot-out if we lose by one goal.

Because they're in the division above us, we've lost the last two at home and have no defenders.

I think we can do it but if we were in their position I'm sure we'd be feeling confident.

Just being one goal up doesnt make us strong favourites, despite what the bookies say, they rarely have much insight about whats actually going on at this level (remember Mohsni being 33/1 to be first scorer when he was playing up front ?).

2/1 for us to win the whole thing ? Thats ridiculous, even if we win tonight we have to beat another league one side to win it.

Oddschecker only has us at 17/10 to win the game with Orient at 22/11, so not much in it.

We are a shambles at the moment and the one question to be asked is will Orient be able to score ?

I cant see them not scoring to be honest and if they score first I think we will be in trouble.

If the boot was on the other foot and they were dealing with injuries and suspensions, we'd be confident.

We just have to try our best to keep it tight at the back for as long as possible and try and nick something at the other end.

Unfortunately, it's already a backs to the wall job. Just need to try and hang on to what we've got.

They think they are taking north and west stand

I hate Orient with a passion - Bring on Wednesday night
:stunned: They are having a laugh aren't they? Couldn't half fill their own ground and expecting to half fill ours???!!!

We owe Orient for inflicting broken legs on Alex Revell and Michael Timlin at their place, time we avenged both those incidents and maintained - or improved on - our lead from the 1st leg.

Every single Blues player has to go out there with the certainty that this is absolutely do-able.

Come on boys, do it for Timmo! :loyalsupporter:

Why not be confident, we have Reeves, Lund and Mayor all of whom are on the books of higher league teams. Smith, Clohessy, Hurst, Leonard played well on the first leg, Corr is doing ok and dare i say it, Bilel was playing well until the rash challenge. Who would have thought we would go to their place and win, for me on paper our team is possibly better than the away leg.

Smith
Clohessy, Prosser, Moshni (if we appeal) Straker
Hurst, Lund, Leonard, Mayor
Reeves, Corr

or Smith
Clohessy, Prosser, Corr, Straker
Hurst, Lund, Leonard, MAyor
Reeves, Britt or Harris

Neither of those are bad sides and i feel capable of a draw. Lets not forget, yes we have lost our last two games, but weve had no luck at all and in both games should have got the result. Orient lost away to Hartlepool at the weekend, so hardly coming to us in super form. We all need to believe and get right behind the team, the Borient fans will be vocal with their one song, we need to out sing them and get the team going.

Smith needs one of those nights of luck/amazingness!

He'll be ok against Orient as they're a footballing side, not a team of hoofers who will be pumping long balls into the box all game.

That's when he seems to have poor games, ie Cheltenham and Northampton.

Anyone know what CCTV and police/steward presence will be like on Wednesday?

Getting a bit concerned for our seats in the North Bank.

Interesting article here-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21416563

Like the comment -Meanwhile Cook says the Southend players could come to rue their overconfidence at the end of the first leg at Brisbane Road two weeks ago.
"I kept a close eye on their players after the game and I could see it in them," Cook said.
"They thought they were there [at Wembley].
"If it was us and we had won 1-0 we wouldn't have reacted like that as there's another 90 minutes left.
"That could work to our advantage."

However he then goes on to say -"We had a meeting and [assistant manager] Kevin Nugent said we are 100 percent confident we are going to Wembley."

Interesting article here-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21416563

Like the comment -Meanwhile Cook says the Southend players could come to rue their overconfidence at the end of the first leg at Brisbane Road two weeks ago.
"I kept a close eye on their players after the game and I could see it in them," Cook said.
"They thought they were there [at Wembley].
"If it was us and we had won 1-0 we wouldn't have reacted like that as there's another 90 minutes left.
"That could work to our advantage."

However he then goes on to say -"We had a meeting and [assistant manager] Kevin Nugent said we are 100 percent confident we are going to Wembley."

Mind Games!!

Why not be confident, we have Reeves, Lund and Mayor all of whom are on the books of higher league teams. Smith, Clohessy, Hurst, Leonard played well on the first leg, Corr is doing ok and dare i say it, Bilel was playing well until the rash challenge. Who would have thought we would go to their place and win, for me on paper our team is possibly better than the away leg.

Smith
Clohessy, Prosser, Moshni (if we appeal) Straker
Hurst, Lund, Leonard, Mayor
Reeves, Corr

or Smith
Clohessy, Prosser, Corr, Straker
Hurst, Lund, Leonard, MAyor
Reeves, Britt or Harris

Neither of those are bad sides and i feel capable of a draw. Lets not forget, yes we have lost our last two games, but weve had no luck at all and in both games should have got the result. Orient lost away to Hartlepool at the weekend, so hardly coming to us in super form. We all need to believe and get right behind the team, the Borient fans will be vocal with their one song, we need to out sing them and get the team going.

Without the vitally important Cresswell, Phillips and Timlin (plus probably our skipper too) I'd say that statement is one of the most optimistic I've ever seen on the Zone.... :unsure:

Back