• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a tragedy what's happened to them. I hope they pull themselves out of the mire, I really do.

I think its tragic to any club in the lower divisions, and though part is the owners fault, much has to do with the way the money is filtered down to the "smaller" clubs
When you think of the likes of Man Utd can sign off £ 8.4 million to an ex manager without a blink of an eye, it really shows the state of football
Good luck O's in your fight, we have been there and who knows what the future holds for us, if we forget our fellow supporters now

UTS

I think its tragic to any club in the lower divisions, and though part is the owners fault, much has to do with the way the money is filtered down to the "smaller" clubs
When you think of the likes of Man Utd can sign off £ 8.4 million to an ex manager without a blink of an eye, it really shows the state of football
Good luck O's in your fight, we have been there and who knows what the future holds for us, if we forget our fellow supporters now

UTS

They've been doubly shafted by the FA & Government - Becchetti should of never been able to buy them and the Wet Spam moving into that publicly owned stadium debacle absolutely stinks.

Wonder if Barry Hearn is waiting to buy them back at a cut price?

Unfortunately their ground if built into flats is probably worth a 100 million.

It's not in the interest of the owners for the club to exist at a loss. Sadly I can see orient being wound up.

I hate orient as much as the next blues fan but go bust, I'd hate that more.

On the bright side, it does give us an opportunity to get Gavin Massey at the end of the season; played really well for ColU last season, proven at League 1 (Championship?) level. Probably left ColU for Orient for bigger money.

People can blame West Ham or the greedy premier league as much as they like.

However when you get an owner who sacks managers every three weeks and was spending totally absurd wages there is only one person to blame in this mess.

We all said it was ridiculous a club their size was spending the money they were but they were saying its ok whilst he can afford it.

They were 2-0 up in the League One play off final and if they hadnt bottled it maybe it would have worked out for them. Pretty spectacular fall since then.

Dont want to see any club go out of business but wont lie, seeing them relegated won't be a disappointing experience.

We don't even come in for a mention
HMRC, which used to be accused of being indulgent towards football clubs, now acts promptly to issue winding-up petitions, and has done so recently against Notts County, Bury and Hartlepool United, who ultimately settled their bills.

It would appear they may be in less debt than we are (only 5.5M @ 30/6/15) but they lost nearly 3M in that year , There are no turnover figures etc, because they now get small companies exemption .

Similarly to us , they are reliant on a holding company for Working capital, however their Holding company is underpinned by the owner directly where as ours actually has assets (albeit being borrowed against to provide the capital)

Given Bechettis intention to sell , I cant see him subsidising it for much longer .

UTS

Didn't see them shedding many tears for us dueing our problems,in matter a fact they was mostly in their element,what goes round comes round so **** them.

We don't even come in for a mention
HMRC, which used to be accused of being indulgent towards football clubs, now acts promptly to issue winding-up petitions, and has done so recently against Notts County, Bury and Hartlepool United, who ultimately settled their bills.

Yeah I was surprised our name wasn't mentioned!

I don't wanna see orient go out of business but I'd very much love them to get relegated just like col u did:smile:

Back