• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
Following Borient's 3-0 demise last night history suggests they will win promotion. If memory serves me last season a newly promoted League One side took on and lost at the same stage of the Carling Cup to a newly relegated Premiership side 3-0. The game was shown live on Sky, the score line was slightly flattering and the winners wore stripes. Then I think the League One side won the Championship.

Cue Doris Stokes........or whatever his name is.

The difference being we had a talented squad and manager though.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Aug. 25 2006,08:46)]Following Borient's 3-0 demise last night history suggests they will win promotion. If memory serves me last season a newly promoted League One side took on and lost at the same stage of the Carling Cup to a newly relegated Premiership side 3-0. The game was shown live on Sky, the score line was slightly flattering and the winners wore stripes. Then I think the League One side won the Championship.

And they lost their opening game to port vale !!!

This is kind of weird. I was thinking the same last night when they went one down but forgot by the end. Somehow me thinks winning the league might be one coincidence too far

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 25 2006,11:57)]Er, we're not going to win the division. We're gash!
biggrin.gif
Yeah, but that's what everyone said to us at the beginning of last season as well. I imagine you will be growing accustomed to the extraordinary levels of patronising smugness which the northern monkeys at the likes of Oldham, Tranmere and Forest (in particular) are wont to dole out.

I derived a very considerable amount of satisfaction at the fact that none of those clubs ended up in the playoffs last season, whilst we were the only club to break the 80-point barrier...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 25 2006,13:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 25 2006,11:57)]Er, we're not going to win the division. We're gash!
biggrin.gif
Yeah, but that's what everyone said to us at the beginning of last season as well.  I imagine you will be growing accustomed to the extraordinary levels of patronising smugness which the northern monkeys at the likes of Oldham, Tranmere and Forest (in particular) are wont to dole out.

I derived a very considerable amount of satisfaction at the fact that none of those clubs ended up in the playoffs last season, whilst we were the only club to break the 80-point barrier...

biggrin.gif
Whilst those three are desperately patronising, I've found the Bradford fans to be the worst of the lot insofar...

Sadly (well, for me anyway) we're just not good enough at the back to finish in the top half, let alone go up. Zakuani has been a massive loss to the side.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Aug. 25 2006,08:46)]Following Borient's 3-0 demise last night history suggests they will win promotion. If memory serves me last season a newly promoted League One side took on and lost at the same stage of the Carling Cup to a newly relegated Premiership side 3-0. The game was shown live on Sky, the score line was slightly flattering and the winners wore stripes. Then I think the League One side won the Championship.

What a spooky coincidence!!

I just had £5 on them @ 40/1 (Bet 365). Originally backed Bristol City, but they look like they might flatter to deceive again!

This coincidence is definetly worth backing IMH.

I must say i was impressed by the youngster Brian Saah last night,.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 25 2006,14:31)]
[b said:

I just had £5 on them @ 40/1 (Bet 365).  Originally backed Bristol City, but they look like they might flatter to deceive again!

He's only 18, and a central midfielder by trade. Dean Smith seems to think he'll be just as good as Zak, though, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. In fact, Saah was the only player that didn't make a tw&t out of himself last night....
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 25 2006,14:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 25 2006,14:31)]
[b said:

I just had £5 on them @ 40/1 (Bet 365).  Originally backed Bristol City, but they look like they might flatter to deceive again!

He's only 18, and a central midfielder by trade. Dean Smith seems to think he'll be just as good as Zak, though, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. In fact, Saah was the only player that didn't make a tw&t out of himself last night....  
down.gif
I was also impressed with Shane Tudor and your one of your other defenders last night, can't for the life of me remember his name.

Jabo Ibhere caused us all sorts of problems in the friendly match between us.

40/1 is a fair price and worth taking!

To be honest, i thought the ref last night was useless!

You got beat by a wonder goal, a superb breakaway goal and a goalkeeping error. Going out last night wasn't the end of the world for you, as i can seriously see the O's being in the shake up come what May.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 25 2006,14:59)]and your one of your other defenders last night, can't for the life of me remember his name.
Clayton Fortune!

He looked composed and will do well in League one.

i do hope orient get promoted so we got another derby on are hands

Back