• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Leyton Orient 2-2 Southend United

Those 3,500 season ticket holders have only got season tickets to make sure they can get a ticket for the friendly against us ?

Orient had 3,900 season ticket holders last season.
Cheapest normal adult season ticket £179. Kids under 18 £49 and under 9's £9. Not bad prices even for non-league.

Orient had 3,900 season ticket holders last season.
Cheapest normal adult season ticket £179. Kids under 18 £49 and under 9's £9. Not bad prices even for non-league.

Which makes you wonder if we could hit 8k season cards if we did similar to other clubs.

If that happened...it would be a no brainer...say £200 for a season ticket, the additional money spent regularly on a programme, a brew and a burger (onions may be considered)...surely would make financial sense ?

If that happened...it would be a no brainer...say £200 for a season ticket, the additional money spent regularly on a programme, a brew and a burger (onions may be considered)...surely would make financial sense ?

The "low season ticket price and high attendance" route has been taken by Bradford for a number of years - and a nice roar comes up when they attack the opposition goal.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it is a simple mathematical calculation.

3,500 Orient fans at £179 = £626,500 ..... or perhaps only 3,000 fans at £210 would give more income at £630,000.

Personally I prefer the higher attendance rate - more atmosphere, the possibility of ticket holders bringing along friends and family and the sales of food, drink and programmes.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it is a simple mathematical calculation.

3,500 Orient fans at £179 = £626,500 ..... or perhaps only 3,000 fans at £210 would give more income at £630,000.

Personally I prefer the higher attendance rate - more atmosphere, the possibility of ticket holders bringing along friends and family and the sales of food, drink and programmes.

Not quite that simple. Orient sell season tickets for four stands. Only one is £179, the others are a dearish looking (for non-league) £279 for one and £299 for two.

Their support has held up well despite a disappointing first season in non-league but it's not due to "giveaway" season ticket prices.

I'd love the club to halve the northbank to away fans and push for 9k home support every match. Do promotions on drinks food and merchandise and that could be very lucrative indeed.

I'd love the club to halve the northbank to away fans and push for 9k home support every match. Do promotions on drinks food and merchandise and that could be very lucrative indeed.

Not with regard to the Orient game, but in general for our home Division One fixtures.........

In all reality, halving the North bank will never work from a policing / safety situation.

IMO.. it would make more sense, to give us the north bank back, and give the away fans either the lower or upper stands for the lower travelling away fans, both tiers for the bigger clubs, when we know they can fill it.

Last edited:
It's about opinions Matti but I would be very surprised if the majority of South Upper regulars would willingly swop from the South to the North Stand. I'm not a great lover of the South Upper as I find it a bit claustrophobic, but you certainly can't fault the view from up there.

Absolutely, it is all about opinions.

I hated South Lower, yes Upper South was slightly better, but not by much.

The atmosphere (apparently) is electric in the away stand.. If the stadium is gonna take 3 years to completion, I would rather have them there. Nothing worse than looking at 120 fans in an away end that holds 2,000+... Easier to put them in the south lower or upper and have the Roots Hall roar from all four stands.

In my much younger days I always frequented the North Bank as it was then known. Yep, I agree that the acoustics and atmosphere were great but with a few more years added many migrated from the North to the West and South. I doubt they would be keen to return regardless of the old days.

Never been in the North bank, I was raised in the east, and after a few decades, migrated to the west stand. Never seen the appeal of the modern Roots Hall two teired South stand myself.

But as we say,...each to their own i guess.

Out of curiosity, What does the South Upper hold?..and the South Lower? V the North Bank capacity (including that corner that never gets used, due to segregation?)

Last edited:
Back