• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am not fussed about Widderington going as he seems to ooze negativity but sorry can't agree about PS..Still think he will get us to where we need to be givien time.

Agree with that and is it more than coincidence that we got the result last night after the players heard he had gone?

It was SouthendBlue who announced our defensive line-up and the return of Herd, yesterday morning.......
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...thend-United&p=1231310&viewfull=1#post1231310
Seeing that he was spot on with that gave him more credence, in my mind, when he broke the story of Widdrington's departure. Sounds like a poster who has VERY good connections.

Got my news first hand looking on weststandviews.com!! Widdrington story broke at about 7pm on there!

It was SouthendBlue who announced our defensive line-up and the return of Herd, yesterday morning.......
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...thend-United&p=1231310&viewfull=1#post1231310
Seeing that he was spot on with that gave him more credence, in my mind, when he broke the story of Widdrington's departure. Sounds like a poster who has VERY good connections.
Just checked on his posts to see that he also broke news of Herd training with Crewe with the possibility of a loan move in October.......some one a friend of Johnny?????

If I ever commit a devilishly spectacular murder, you're the last person I want taking an interest in the case.

Excuse me if I refuse to believe anything posted on here until it's confirmed on the OS.

If I believed the rumours posted on here, not only would we have boasted a team including Matt Lockwood (x37) Stan Collymore (x12) Freddy Eastwood (x89) two years ago, but we'd also be out of business playing in a triangular stadium in Canvey.

Chris Powell would also be on the management team, Alan Sugar and/or David Sullivan would own us... or should that be Sainsbury's?

OK so he may not have been the best, but the underlying fact is another member of staff has gone. We have lost a brilliant goal keeping coach plus several other staff now an assitant manager, we have loan players no money but we will have to pay up his contract. What is going on it is about time someone told us the official position. I for one wont be renewing my season card for next season SUFC (RM) has had enough of my money.

OK so he may not have been the best, but the underlying fact is another member of staff has gone. We have lost a brilliant goal keeping coach plus several other staff now an assitant manager, we have loan players no money but we will have to pay up his contract. What is going on it is about time someone told us the official position. I for one wont be renewing my season card for next season SUFC (RM) has had enough of my money.

I thought it was quite clear. Southend united have been running over budget horrendously for a number of years, and it has been said on the OS , from Ron and PS that the budget for this season was severely less than previous years , so cut backs would be made throughout the season as and when needed, it really isn't rocket science!

Think it would be a good move on Luggys part, seeing as he is isnt exactly Mr Popular with the fans, to get a blues legend on board. Chris Powell is out of our range but maybe Maher, Andy Edwards someone like that.

Think it would be a good move on Luggys part, seeing as he is isnt exactly Mr Popular with the fans, to get a blues legend on board. Chris Powell is out of our range but maybe Maher, Andy Edwards someone like that.

Pigs might fly! Personally, I think Sturrock has proven that he is his own man and that he couldn't give a damn about Blues "legends" or anything like that. This time it'll be his own choice I would have thought, probably an internal appointment such as Coughlan or a yes man who's learning his trade.

Will TW be due compensation? If so I guess this will hit our budget and we won't get much of a cost saving. I guess the questions to ask are how long was his contract, if indeed he really did sign one - and did he get sacked, or did he walk?

We're not always great at paying compensation - I believe it wasn't that long ago that our last Assistant Manager (not assistant to the manager) almost had us in the winders court as it was probably the only way he could see himself getting paid

My bets on David Webb in a assistant manager/where the **** is he role!!!!!!!!! Sounds crazy but who knows??????????????????

Will TW be due compensation? If so I guess this will hit our budget and we won't get much of a cost saving. I guess the questions to ask are how long was his contract, if indeed he really did sign one - and did he get sacked, or did he walk?

We're not always great at paying compensation - I believe it wasn't that long ago that our last Assistant Manager (not assistant to the manager) almost had us in the winders court as it was probably the only way he could see himself getting paid

I know football doesn't normally follow regular HR practice - however it occurred to me yesterday that, if they did on this occasion, that TW may be within a 6-month probationary period.

Personally I'd rather he employ someone who he is able to work with. I'd imagine that Coughlan will get the job. I think when he was signed both he and Sturrock thought that he'd get more starts so maybe promoting him to Assistant Manager could be partly to keep him happy.

I sat behind the dugout one game earlier in the season and to be honest Im not bothered he has gone.

He is in the Martin Allen school of managers just mindlessly screaming at players. Fear is not a good motivational tool and I wasnt impressed.

I think you are wrong. He ran the club - all PS did was choose the first XI and talk tactics. I heard from a reliable source that he is in bed most afternoons

I think you are wrong. He ran the club - all PS did was choose the first XI and talk tactics. I heard from a reliable source that he is in bed most afternoons

If that is the case then our problems will continue?. Where was he in bed?. In Southend or at home in the West country?. Interesting that the first game Tommy is'nt around we play football on the ground, whereas every other game it's been hoofball?. Yet it's well known that PS prefers the long ball approach?. Confused, i certainly am!.

Back