• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Other languages

MK Shrimper

Striker
As I listen to the Manics new album, there's a track with a German lady singing....and it's damn sexy.

I've always loved the sound of German, even if I can't speak a word of it and sometimes in the gym there's some African chaps who speak (I think) Swahilil and it's like they're singing to each other.

On the flipside, I can't stand the sound of Chinese/Mandarin as it seem so direct and choppy.

You....?(on this slighty random and odd topic).

As I listen to the Manics new album, there's a track with a German lady singing....and it's damn sexy.

I've always loved the sound of German, even if I can't speak a word of it and sometimes in the gym there's some African chaps who speak (I think) Swahilil and it's like they're singing to each other.

On the flipside, I can't stand the sound of Chinese/Mandarin as it seem so direct and choppy.

You....?(on this slighty random and odd topic).

German blokes invariably sound really camp.

Chinese is very sing-songy.

The German language is crap,very loud,very pushy,very in your face...and spoken far too much here!!! 7-1...God help me here

Ich Bin Ein Auslander!

very true, and that word "auslander"..is the word i hate most (with the words ,Watford fan)...when someone here says "auslander" i always think they are insulting me(im sure most are).

There is definitely something very sexy about a Frenchman speaking....don't know what it is that makes it so, but definitely sexy! I can't say I've ever thought of the German language as sexy, far too guttural and full of harsh sounds. I was taught both to O-level standard and I think the difference with most languages, like French, Italian and Spanish, is that the sounds are more formed with the tongue while German seems to me to be from further back in the throat more.

Scouse, Paisley N Irish, almost different language from English; and not very pleasant to my ears.
I do like a soft Hebridean tone from a fair Celtic maiden however such as the lovely Isla St Clair from 1970/80 game shows. The olden days Rachel Riley.

There is definitely something very sexy about a Frenchman speaking....don't know what it is that makes it so, but definitely sexy! I can't say I've ever thought of the German language as sexy, far too guttural and full of harsh sounds. I was taught both to O-level standard and I think the difference with most languages, like French, Italian and Spanish, is that the sounds are more formed with the tongue while German seems to me to be from further back in the throat more.

You mean like 'I surrender as I am a coward'

Arabic can be both soothing and very aggressive. Scots Gaelic has a nice lilt although I couldn't master it. I can't stand Australian? English?

Oh, Greek is funny, and Finnish with its agglutination is weird. Chinese is incredibly complicated. (Like most tonal languages I guess)

Also I love the click languages in Africa.

Arabic can be both soothing and very aggressive. Scots Gaelic has a nice lilt although I couldn't master it. I can't stand Australian? English?

Oh, Greek is funny, and Finnish with its agglutination is weird. Chinese is incredibly complicated. (Like most tonal languages I guess)

Also I love the click languages in Africa.

Good old Finnish. Why use two letters in a word when sixteen will suffice?

I feel compelled to respond. Cantonese is a much harsher language than Mandarin though it's hard to tell the difference when both are being shouted. Mandarin in conversation is a beautiful almost rhythmic language.

After my haircut last Saturday I urgently need to learn Cantonese and not just the 20 or so words I have to date.

Cannot stand French and most forms of American spoken English. Filipino is aggressive, Indonesian weird but Thai and Singapore work. This is the language rather than the female form ha ha.

I feel compelled to respond. Cantonese is a much harsher language than Mandarin though it's hard to tell the difference when both are being shouted. Mandarin in conversation is a beautiful almost rhythmic language.

After my haircut last Saturday I urgently need to learn Cantonese and not just the 20 or so words I have to date.

Cannot stand French and most forms of American spoken English. Filipino is aggressive, Indonesian weird but Thai and Singapore work. This is the language rather than the female form ha ha.

You've more experience of it than me - all I hear is from the local chinese where she's yelling at her husband in the back :smile:

Back