• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
I believe after next week when SUFC travel to Bradford, that will make it 6 out of the top 7 we have played away from home , please feel free to correct me should i be wrong.I realise that we have only scored in two of those matches,but i figure we must have some easier away matches ( if there is such a thing as easier) to come.If we can maintain our decent form at home and maybe start to win a few away,im sure we can rise up the table to a respectable position,there is after all only 5 points (but a huge goal difference between us and Bury who sit 6th on the table.So what do we do to start perforing away from home,i think reading your threads Ranger and Cox going to make a huge difference with back up from Fortune and Mooney.Anyway heres hoping we can start this week at Bradford who are flying high.Remember most saying when we defeated Sheff Utd away ,how much of a mess most thought SHeff Utd was but look at them now ,maybe we can start a run as well.:happy:

The poor away form is due to the manager playing Mooney as a one up front. It allows the other team to pour forward with wave after wave of attacks. That's why we lose 3 or 4 nil. It also limits us to just a few shots as well. The ball doesn't even stick if it reaches Mooney.
Hopefully the manager will now play 2 up front away from home now that Ranger is fit, to at least give us a chance for a point or all 3 now and again.

We have MK Dons on Saturday so that should be one of the "easier" away games as they are not in great form.

I am not expecting anything from the Bradford game and would be delighted with a draw. Even a loss, if we can avoid another 3 or 4 goals, followed up with a win at Milton Keynes would be a good return from the next 2 games.

The poor away form is due to the manager playing Mooney as a one up front. It allows the other team to pour forward with wave after wave of attacks. That's why we lose 3 or 4 nil. It also limits us to just a few shots as well. The ball doesn't even stick if it reaches Mooney.
Hopefully the manager will now play 2 up front away from home now that Ranger is fit, to at least give us a chance for a point or all 3 now and again.

Assuming Ranger does not suffer any reaction to yesterdays game I am pretty sure he will play. Brown played him and Cox up front when he could at Sheffield and rarely changes a winning team unless he has to.

I agree about Mooney and if Ranger cannot start I would rather Fortune and Cox up front as Fortune's hold up play is pretty good.

From the away games I have seen the problems haven't been solely Mooney, who isn't the player for holding up the high long balls; admittedly that has been a serious issue but so IS the mentality of lumping it towards him when all must know that isn't his strength.
The midfield hasn't functioned either as support for the defense or at getting forward, the width of two wing backs and two wingers has left confusion and gaps.
PB has now played a good 4 4 2 and he has some similar, like for like, players on the bench and as subs.
It is, IMO, very important that the players believe in what they are playing; they obviously didn't at Rochdale.
PB was back on the touchline on Saturday and very moderate in his directions, which maybe allowed the players to be more natural in movement and positioning.

Back