• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Chairman Speaks

How many times have we been told to get excited about a certain date about the stadium? I won’t ever get excited by a date I’ll get excited when I see diggers and workmen on site!

How many times have we been told to get excited about a certain date about the stadium? I won’t ever get excited by a date I’ll get excited when I see diggers and workmen on site!
My view is that was a fair assessment and a positive message.

I hope the players are fired up and we see tomorrow what they are really capable of. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.........come on you Shrimpers.

A little more cheered than I've felt in the past week. It 'appears' we are looking for someone new...........although if Waddock got a few wins under his belt, maybe he could earn a crack at the job (would certainly seem the cheapest option for Ron). Interesting comment in reply to the clamour, amongst some supporters, for a 'Barratt dream ticket.' I have my doubts about this and so, evidently, does Ron.............anyway, when was the last time Ron paid compensation to a club so as to release a future manager???????? Fair comments about Bond and, if you believe what he says, Ron will not rush into an appointment before he thinks he's found the right person. Sounds, with the Tuesday's Council Cabinet (no prorogation please!), to be a VERY important week for the club, on and off the pitch.

My view is that was a fair assessment and a positive message.

I hope the players are fired up and we see tomorrow what they are really capable of. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.........come on you Shrimpers.

In reference to the management side of things I’d agree.

In reference to the stadium it’s same **** different decade.

Ready for tomorrow hope them players are fired up as much as I am up the blues

Very clear, but nicely put, shot across the bows of Chris Phillips there.

Personally, I thought it was a pretty pointless comment from Uncle Warchest. Especially if he does indeed go on to appoint Tilly & Barrett.

In reference to the management side of things I’d agree.

In reference to the stadium it’s same **** different decade.

I’m not so sure. Normally I’d be right there with you, saying the exact same.

However this time feels different. Everything about the club atm, feels like we’re on our death knell. Ron’s statement regarding next Tuesday - to me at least - felt more like a warning, that this is D-day for us.

Or in other words, If the council knock it back again, well, maybe Ron’s had enough of it altogether, and is treating this as the final roll of the dice?

He’s certainly not skint - not on a personal level at least - so how much longer will he want to persist with this chapter?

Heard a rumour Tilson and Barrett were in Southend today wonder if that is true or not

Much needed clarification regarding the management position and behind the scenes playing wise.
Agree with Ricey that the FFSaga has all been said before.The only thing that many of much older than in 2008 fans want to see is a digger on site

By in Southend do you mean at the ground or just the town in general? If it's the latter Tilly still lives around here doesn't he?
Yeah he still lives round here someone just quoted they were near the ground again I don’t know how true that is

Slightly confused about the next Tuesday council meeting. Was it not only about a week ago that the council said the big decision day had been put back?

Not pointing the finger at anyone. its just we are being told two different stories.

Relieved to hear our priest finally preaching to his flock.....

However, the tone and content was spot on, some of the hysteria both on here and on Social Media in general has been bordering on the hysterical. Whilst he will want to keep fans 'on board', it is for the club to decide rather than listen to the current Shrimperzone flavour of the day/week/month.

Relieved to hear our priest finally preaching to his flock.....

However, the tone and content was spot on, some of the hysteria both on here and on Social Media in general has been bordering on the hysterical. Whilst he will want to keep fans 'on board', it is for the club to decide rather than listen to the current Shrimperzone flavour of the day/week/month.

Don't talk rubbish, everyone knows the Shrimperzone and social media mob knows how to be a chairman of a football and be able to hire the perfect manager :Winking2:

Just looked at the Cabinet agenda. The item relates to Roots Hall and a proposal the Council lease the site and a Housing Association build. At least that's my inexpert take on this. This will help Southend build social housing. However it is important as without FF this just won't happen. I'm sure there are other Shrimperone members with more expertise than me who can make a more informed analysis.

Back