• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I actually concede that Corr has done well of late but his scoring run has coincided with the drought for Pigott. Its either or for scoring. If Cassidy plays it seems Pigott is the main goal threat and when Corr plays the scoring goes to him. I'd say it is keep Pigott with whoever in a front two. I would like to keep Pigott above all as I can see him doing more in seasons to come than Corr but thats just a personal view. However, I will say well done to Corr for coming up trumps at the moment and if he could continue that scoring then I would withdraw all the reservations I have mooted about him.

I'd be suprised, (given his injury record), if he were to be offered a new contract at the end of the season, whether or not you continue to "moot your reservations" about him.

We have 2 hopes of signing Pigott on a permanent deal.

I'll leave it to you to work out what they are.

A large part of me, not boasting or indicating which part of me is large, agrees with you but Uncle Ron has a track record of surprising us in the signing department. One can but hope.

I'd be suprised, (given his injury record), if he were to be offered a new contract at the end of the season, whether or not you continue to "moot your reservations" about him.

You'd be surprised if we offer him a contract? Or is there a typo in there? He's been fit almost every week for the past 2 seasons.

A large part of me, not boasting or indicating which part of me is large, agrees with you but Uncle Ron has a track record of surprising us in the signing department. One can but hope.

Does he?

I can't think of him signing a player of 2 divisions above us quality....:unsure:

You'd be surprised if we offer him a contract? Or is there a typo in there? He's been fit almost every week for the past 2 seasons.

Barna doesn't exactly have a track record of getting it right when it comes to BBBC.

BBBC is a bona fide legend. He's already passed Richard Cadette on the all-time SUFC goal list, is a good afternoon away from reaching Brett Angell's tally and on current goalscoring form is on course to reach David Crown by the end of the season. If our defence isn't good enough for those goals to gain us automatic promotion he's on track to draw level with Steve Phillips at Wembley. That would leave him just 6 goals away, approximately a month at his current goalscoring rate, from joining Freddy Eastwood as the 5th highest SUFC scorer of all-time.

:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Barna doesn't exactly have a track record of getting it right when it comes to BBBC.

BBBC is a bona fide legend. He's already passed Richard Cadette on the all-time SUFC goal list, is a good afternoon away from reaching Brett Angell's tally and on current goalscoring form is on course to reach David Crown by the end of the season. If our defence isn't good enough for those goals to gain us automatic promotion he's on track to draw level with Steve Phillips at Wembley. That would leave him just 6 goals away, approximately a month at his current goalscoring rate, from joining Freddy Eastwood as the 5th highest SUFC scorer of all-time.

Read somewhere that if his "goal" against Wimbledon was correctly given, he would have equalled the record for most consecutive goals in games, which stands at 7.

Think we'd be mad not to extend Corr and Timlin's contracts. Prosser has probably done enough to deserve his option being taken up as well, even if a new manager brings in other players in his position he's more than good enough even if not first choice.

Can't see us keeping Piggot unless we can get him on a season loan or something along those lines, can see him out on loan at a L1 club though so our fate may affect that.

Sufcdb db an Soccerbase seem to indicate that Corr has 48 goals, behind Cadette?

Two priorities to sign up would be Timlin and Corr, I'd like to see White stay too though not necessarily as captain. Weston, if we can get anyone to take him for free get rid, I've got a feeling he's one of the higher earners :sad:.

Sorry can't agree there!

I'm not his biggest fan either, and I would like to sign us sign another first choice RB, but he would absolutely be worth having as a squad player as he can play right across the back 4, which can be crucial in a smallish squad.

Id keep white, he is a more experienced player than most at the club. I would go all out to get Clohessy back in, not sure he is in the thinking at Col Utd anymore after falling out with the manager. Sure he would come back given the chance of first team football. Only stumbling block to this might be Phil Brown

Back