• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

I've removed players who's contracts are due to expire, and those up for transfer.

GK:
Dan Bentley - 2016
Ted Smith - 2016

DEF:
Ben Coker - 2017
Luke Prosser - 2015 (+ option until 2016)
Cian Bolger - 2016 (+ option until 2017)
Mads Ibenfeldt - 2015 (+ option until 2016)

MID:
Ryan Leonard - 2017
Kevan Hurst - 2016
Jack Payne - 2016
Jack Bridge - 2015 (+ option until 2016) On Loan at Chelmsford
Myles Weston - 2016
David Worrall - 2016

FWD:
Jason Williams - 2015 (+ option until 2016) Available for loan

Either a lot of work for Brown, or a blank canvas for a new manager?

Last edited:
I'd definitely get Barry on a one year deal and try and sign the Pig on a permanent deal. That would give our forward line a good start.

Need to sign Barry up for another couple of years. He's our talisman.

Completely agree that we need to get Corr a new deal. Timlin too.

We have seen in the last few weeks what Barry can still do in a 2 with another good player.

We must keep Barry, and try and get the Pig on a year long loan.

There are plenty I would offer a new deal to;
Timlin
Thompson
White

20 year contract for Corr with £100m buyout clause.
The rest depends on what division we are in. If we don't go up then frankly both manager and players will have been proved not to have the qualities to get us into League one.

You've still included Josh Banton who is available for transfer.

Why have you removed Jason Williams, who has an option, but included Prosser? mrsblue won't be happy! :winking:

Think we need to offer deals to Corr, Thompson, White and Timlin. Bentley might be off too, especially if we don't get promotion.

You've still included Josh Banton who is available for transfer.

Why have you removed Jason Williams, who has an option, but included Prosser? mrsblue won't be happy! :winking:

Think we need to offer deals to Corr, Thompson, White and Timlin. Bentley might be off too, especially if we don't get promotion.
Oops. I'll correct. I removed Williams because he's available for loan, my bad.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Williams more involved next season if we don't go up. He's been out on loan, has done very well and has gained some good experience. League One would probably be too much of a jump, but if we're still in League Two next season, I'd certainly get him involved. Maybe get him up front with Corr in pre-season and see how they gel. I could see Jason's pace and Barry's height and ball winning complimenting eachother well.

I know there's already been at least one bid for Ted from a Championship side. It'll be really interesting to see what the GK situation actually is come August.

Can't see Ibenfeldt's contract being extended. I had a feeling Tims had a year option, possibly mentioned on the last contracts thread. I don't think we have an earthly of signing Pig unless we go up AND Charlton go down.

We have seen in the last few weeks what Barry can still do in a 2 with another good player.

We must keep Barry, and try and get the Pig on a year long loan.

There are plenty I would offer a new deal to;
Timlin
Thompson
White

I actually concede that Corr has done well of late but his scoring run has coincided with the drought for Pigott. Its either or for scoring. If Cassidy plays it seems Pigott is the main goal threat and when Corr plays the scoring goes to him. I'd say it is keep Pigott with whoever in a front two. I would like to keep Pigott above all as I can see him doing more in seasons to come than Corr but thats just a personal view. However, I will say well done to Corr for coming up trumps at the moment and if he could continue that scoring then I would withdraw all the reservations I have mooted about him.

I actually concede that Corr has done well of late but his scoring run has coincided with the drought for Pigott. Its either or for scoring. If Cassidy plays it seems Pigott is the main goal threat and when Corr plays the scoring goes to him. I'd say it is keep Pigott with whoever in a front two. I would like to keep Pigott above all as I can see him doing more in seasons to come than Corr but thats just a personal view. However, I will say well done to Corr for coming up trumps at the moment and if he could continue that scoring then I would withdraw all the reservations I have mooted about him.

We have 2 hopes of signing Pigott on a permanent deal.

I'll leave it to you to work out what they are.

Back