• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LennyB @ Nov. 15 2005,12:10)]I had the misfortune to sit in front of that lot in the play off final...

Stand up if you love southend..which i did the first 5 times...then they turned on us for not standing after that.

Luckily the stewards were as clueless there so we moved to the upper tier for the second half.  
I was there as well. Did it three of four times but when they carried on doing it every 2 minutes I got annoyed. I for one always join in the chants as much as I can but do want to watch the match as well. And standing up every 2 minutes is not good for my hip!

biggrin.gif

Hopefully scriv will have noticed this topic on here and will direct it to the club, I ussually sit with my mates in the east just for the view but saturday we had no choice but to go in the west, no one is critisizing the vocal support in regards to chants and songs its just the laddish, thuggish behaviour that was more suited to the atmosphere of lucy road at 2am saturday night rather than 2pm saturday afternoon.

Well to be honest i wasn't sure what to expect when i posted this message. I haven't really been able to take a look since i made my post and i am glad that in general people feel the same as me. Given the choice of W block in the west or no seat at all i will be opting for the latter. If i had to suffer these pr1cks again i would do damage . I would say the pr1cks at the back of the stand we worse because they were actually older than about 16(drummer boys) and were physicaly offering to fight. It seems from a previous post that somebody actually got a slap. This is totally out of order and the club should plant some undercover stewards and get rid of these people. If we lose just 20 possible new fans because of this it amounts to a fair bit of revenue. Also has anybody else seen the stewards in the west letting all the friends in for free. Saw about 6-7 being let in by one steward.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Nov. 15 2005,16:32)]Well to be honest i wasn't sure what to expect when i posted this message. I haven't really been able to take a look since i made my post and i am glad that in general people feel the same as me. Given the choice of W block in the west or no seat at all i will be opting for the latter. If i had to suffer these pr1cks again i would do damage . I would say the pr1cks at the back of the stand we worse because they were actually older than about 16(drummer boys) and were physicaly offering to fight. It seems from a previous post that somebody actually got a slap. This is totally out of order and the club should plant some undercover stewards and get rid of these people. If we lose just 20 possible new fans because of this it amounts to a fair bit of revenue. Also has anybody else seen the stewards in the west letting all the friends in for free. Saw about 6-7 being let in by one steward.
Sounds like we need some undercover stewards to monitor the performance and behaviour of the stewards!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 15 2005,16:48)]Sounds like we need some undercover stewards to monitor the performance and behaviour of the stewards!
Ah, but who would steward the stewards who steward the stewards?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Nov. 15 2005,11:06)]Why are people making such a big deal over nothing, there are dicks all over the ground not just the West W block! I choose to sit there as I like the atmosphere! If you don’t like it don’t sit there simple!! Stop complaining and watch the footy!

Up the Shrimps!!

mad.gif
Well said
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Nov. 15 2005,14:47)]they sold me W block seat... could not find my seat so stood up at the back with the stewards found them ok and friendly really....
So what you are saying here is that safety stewards employed by Southend United aren't actually doing the job they are being paid to do and are allowing sections of the West Stand to become over-crowded (i.e. too many people for the seats) and then allow people to stand at the back when they should be trying to find a solution to make sure everyone has a seat in the stand? sh!t, I don't know why everyone doesn't just head for Block W as it's obviously a free-for-all ...

WS

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ Nov. 15 2005,15:12)]no one is critisizing the vocal support in regards to chants and songs its just the laddish, thuggish behaviour that was more suited to the atmosphere of lucy road at 2am saturday night rather than 2pm saturday afternoon.
Exactly. Some people seem far too quick to condone the aggressive behaviour in search of a better atmosphere at Roots Hall (which disappeared when the ground was made all-seater). Cheer and sing and bang a drum all you want; just appreciate that some people might not want to join in with you rather than lay into them with abuse and, it appears in one case, with fists.

WS

I have seen my name mentioned on here! I dont sit in the west, I have season ticket in the south upper blue, and I dont have a drum!

rock.gif

glare.gif

Ben, it has been made quite clear that neither you nor Jack are implicated !!! A few people have cleared that up on your behalf.

Also I happen to know that the one of the stewards was letting people in for a £5 note. This happens to be fact not second hand bullsh!t but I suspect the direct source I received it from may not wish to be forthcoming with evidence. Who can blame them for wanting to get in to watch the game ?

simple answer for all this really,

now all last season, you had ur chavs, and your drummers and the other rowdy lot sitting in block W , no complaints last season, and if there was a problem then a steward would sought them out.
Swansea game your average extra 5,000 (or from last season 6,000) decide to turn up - which dont get me wrong is BRILLIANT for the club, but obviously means that the chavs and others are going to be split around the ground, so there going to try sit next to each other still, which was bound to cause problems, because last season no-one seemed to cared where they sat as there were so many empty seats and they created a bit of atmosphere(which with some respect to them we did loose a bit of atmosphere in the ground)

simple answer is, buy your tickets early, people were buying 3/4 weeks in advance, that why the best seats were gone, this is what happens when you have success. although understandable some people might had a change of heart,

either way, i hope your problem will be soughted before the next game, and yes the club does read this message board, so i'm sure all the comments will be taken aboard.

Lets hope we get a good crowd going to forest, how many is it so far we sold, 2000 i hear??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 15 2005,23:30)]simple answer for all this really,

now all last season, you had ur chavs, and your drummers and the other rowdy lot sitting in block W , no complaints last season, and if there was a problem then a steward would sought them out.
Swansea game your average extra 5,000 (or from last season 6,000) decide to turn up - which dont get me wrong is BRILLIANT for the club, but obviously means that the chavs and others are going to be split around the ground, so there going to try sit next to each other still, which was bound to cause problems, because last season no-one seemed to cared where they sat as there were so many empty seats  and they created a bit of atmosphere(which with some respect to them we did loose a bit of atmosphere in the ground)

simple answer is, buy your tickets early, people were buying 3/4 weeks in advance, that why the best seats were gone, this is what happens when you have success. although understandable  some people might had a change of heart,

either way, i hope your problem will be soughted before the next game, and yes the club does read this message board, so i'm sure all the comments will be taken aboard.

Lets hope we get a good crowd going to forest, how many is it so far we sold, 2000 i hear??
There you are, it's your fault. By not buying your tickets a month in advance you should expect to have to put up with vile, obnoxious behaviour and indolent stewarding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 16 2005,10:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 15 2005,23:30)]simple answer for all this really,

Swansea game your average extra 5,000 (or from last season 6,000) decide to turn up - which dont get me wrong is BRILLIANT for the club, but obviously means that the chavs and others are going to be split around the ground, so there going to try sit next to each other still, which was bound to cause problems, because last season no-one seemed to cared where they sat as there were so many empty seats  and they created a bit of atmosphere(which with some respect to them we did loose a bit of atmosphere in the ground)

simple answer is, buy your tickets early, people were buying 3/4 weeks in advance, that why the best seats were gone, this is what happens when you have success. although understandable  some people might had a change of heart,

There you are, it's your fault. By not buying your tickets a month in advance you should expect to have to put up with vile, obnoxious behaviour and indolent stewarding.
Not quite what he said though is it?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Nov. 16 2005,11:26)]Not quite what he said though is it?

rock.gif
It more or less is what he's trying to say. When I read it I thought very much the same as Mick: "It's your fault for not buying your tickets early enough" and therefore you should expect to be the target of abuse from knuckle-draggers in the W Block or non-interest from a bent steward letting his mates in for a fiver and making the situation even worse ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Nov. 16 2005,10:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 16 2005,10:15)]
[b said:

Not quite what he said though is it?

rock.gif
Quite right, I've re-read it. What he was trying to say was:

As an employee of the club I am really sorry that your matchday experience was so unsatisfactory. I will be passing your message on to the appropriate management personnel so that both the unacceptable behaviour of some of the so-called "fans" and the apparent lack of competent stewarding can be investigated. Once again apologies.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Nov. 14 2005,14:17)]Anybody who knows me knows that i am a real fan. I have been going since 91-92 and vary rarely miss a home game although
Tom,

would you be upset if I was to say I have a photo/image of you somewhere in a Chelsea shirt?
biggrin.gif

I stood near the drummer on sat. My ticket was at the back of the West and i couldnt get there because someone was there. One of my mates was singing the loyal supporters song and i said to him its not worth it beacuse it will only cause trouble etc... The banging of the drum in the silencs was harsh and so was the chuckling! There was a few in the ''chav'' group who arent total p%&*ks i.e me, reece, lil berry. And if any of you doubt that im sure few people on here can vouch for it! Hope any of the Shrimperzone team didnt think I was a p%&*k when i was training with them. A few of them like the spotty one i have only seen coming this season and starting his only song, o when the blues..

Anways bring on Forest and get behind the lads is all I can say. No doubt i'll most prob get abuse for posting this!

Back