• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommytwoholes

Well i am obviously dissapointed at our result saturday as are we all. I will leave the match reviews etc to the likes of FBM.

I want to tell you all about my experience in the west stand on saturday.

I usually sit with either Grim up north or CI city blue in the east and have done for quite sometime, however i was unable to get a a ticket and had to sit in the W block in the WEST stand for the first time in years. All started well although i was sat infront of the dumboy and his pals. After about two minutes of chanting a group of people come up to drummer boy and politely advises that they are in there seats. The response was as follows " Feck off you only come to one game a season, you should have got here earlier" The stewards did nothing and the gentlemen dissapeared. Next came the minutes silence which drummer gang felt needed a slight samber beat and the chuckles. Finaly the start of the game and que the start of annoying drum in my ear for 90 minutes and worst of all such lines as " Sing up you ****s " Come on west ham come on chelsea sing up. This could be forgiven maybe once or twice , but not for ninety minutes. After the 5 renditiond of the stand up song in 10 minutes i couldnt be arsed. You would have though that i had killed someone. Apparently you are a proper **** if you have failed to stand. I might add that to my right a boy of about 8 and to my left a girl of 6ish. I had enough and turned to give them some **** back. They seemed to get the message. Anyway we all know the result but the worst was yet to come.
I decided to leave in the second minute of injury time . This is not something i usually do, but the game and company had left me wanting to leave early, so i did. I get about half way up the steps and i can hear the abuse being directed at early leavers many of which were families. Quotes were something like "p1ss of back to upton park you are not wanted" "1 game a season you only come to one game a season" " Are you chelsea in disguise " and my favourite " Dont come back you ****S". The west ham chant was aimed at me and this was a red rag to a bull. Anybody who knows me knows that i am a real fan. I have been going since 91-92 and vary rarely miss a home game although away games aren't really me any more.I promptly told this pr1ck this and that he was a total w%&ker. Then some bald headed fella started to give it and i told him to feck off and he follows me calling me west ham. It was nearly fisticuffs time when he backs down . I left the ground p1ssed off and thoroughly ashamed. These fans need banning they honeslty beleive we would be better off with 3000 every week again. Some of these people will never come back and the club will suffer. The stewards had the opportunity to sort it out and turned a blind eye. Has anybody else seen this in the west stand?

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Tommy

If they only go to one game a season who was that lot at Forest?

Youve paid to buy a ticket, youve turned up, youre singing, but you dont love Southend because you dont stand up.

Its hard to ignore something like that for 90 minutes, but you did well

Tommy, I echo totally Mike's comments. I think you should tell the club about these so called fans and how useless the steward was. Not saying they will do anything but at least they can't say they are not aware.

Like i said the steward was aware of problem, he just chose to ignore it. He even asked the drummer gang to sit down and was just told to feck off. To which he just shrugged and walked away. Surely that is grounds for ejection on its own.

Really sad to hear that. The thing is, just as you're explaining it, you can so easily visualise it happening! What is it with these idiots?

iu completley agree with you tommy. i had purchased a ticket for the game and my seat was in block w row r. the same row which the band was in. i took one look at them, sensing there could be trouble i decided to stand at the top of the stand (view was better there anyway) ive seen those guys (drummer ect) before and the are also going round acting like they are tough.

Towards the end of the game this W-block 'mob' (if you can describe ten or twelve fresh-faced teens as a mob) decided to chant 'day-trippers' and 'loyal supporters' when a few people were leaving early. What a bunch of p%&*ks- one of the guys they were shouting at must have been in his seventies and was probably only leaving to avoid the crush. What makes this even more idiotic is that this bloke has no doubt been following Southend for forty or fifty years! Just because you're fifteen and have been to every game this season it doesn't make you a loyal supporter. They can also cut out the 'all went to Bradford/ Walsall/ Maldon' b******s as well. I'm sure boys that I can think of a game in the last twenty years that YOU haven't been to. If any of these Southend heroes ever manage to get a girlfriend we'll soon see how 'loyal' they are.

Whilst not as bad, my incident was equally as irritating...

1 Minute into extra time at Half Time I get out of my seat, take the drink orders and head towards the bar to beat the rush... I get to the end of the cue to be greeted by a lanky version of Mrs. Doubtfire and what was probably her middle-aged daughter saying something along the lines of "Loyal Supporters here Then" in a sarcastic tone which would rival Jimmy Carr...

I've been sitting in the East Stand for my 4th year now, and this season is the only season i've seen this couple, aggrivated as i was that Trundle had just scored, i turned round and said something along the lines of "I'm only heading to the bar, but nice to see you here for change" And off i went to the bar.

Coming back, no more than 1 minute after the Bluebelle's finished there performance and before the teams had walked out, i walk across her to get back to my seat to which she says "Its always the same people coming back late, its just rude" or something along those lines. Now this pushed me over the edge... Just couldn't contain myself. Just said "Look, Its a football match, not an Opera... Thats why they have the facilities here" and pulled myself away before i said something i'd regret.

I'm grateful of the money they bring into the club, but Labels would be nice so we know who to avoid...

Ive had abuse thrown at me in the west just because myself and a group of friends left i minute into injury time to avoid the rush of 11.000 fans all trying to get to their cars. As we left some spotty 14year old lad and his chavvy mates turned round to us and called us "p%&*ks" and told us why had we bothered coming and that we were not genuine fans, the latter comment prompted myself and my 3 companions to undo our jackets to reveal blues shirts, we promptly left these chavs pondering our final comment of " if we aint fans then why the f%&k do we spend £40 on home shirts".
The club need to ban these idiots or have a word with the stewards who to me seem to give it the large one when you walk in but then spend the game having a fag and watching the game.

I sit near block W and I also left in the second minute of injury time. The look on that skinhead ****'s face when he was directing abuse at the leaving fans was disgusting.

I'm seriously considering moving my season ticket at the end of the season. I don't want to spend money I can hardly afford following the Shrimpers to be insulted by people like this idiot and the stupid pack of dimwits that back him up.
mad.gif

To be honest i could understand a few mutters had we been in a crowd of 3-4 thousands but to shout abuse like they did was disgraceful, Me and my mates had parked our cars near prittlewell station so we thought we would leave early before anything kicked off down at the train station

I had to go somewhere sharpish after the game so all I did was vacate my seat to move to the back of the stand and make a sharp exit on the final whistle. Apparantly that makes me a disloyal fan...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 14 2005,16:23)]I sit near block W and I also left in the second minute of injury time. The look on that skinhead ****'s face when he was directing abuse at the leaving fans was disgusting.
Wit and repartee will not be the natural verbal domain of the chav. Probably best in the long term just to ignore them. I know this is very hard after seeing us defeated and being abused by someone who has not had as many acne spots as you have seen matches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 14 2005,16:39)]I had to go somewhere sharpish after the game so all I did was vacate my seat to move to the back of the stand and make a sharp exit on the final whistle. Apparantly that makes me a disloyal fan...
rock.gif
We are disloyal Ben.
I know that both of us have been to Bradford, Scunthorpe, Rotherham etc this season and I'm pretty sure that at some stage I didn't stand up when they chanted "stand up if you love Southend" on at least one occasion.
I'm ashamed of myself and feel wrong to call myself a fan...
Where do these bird-brained nobheads get off?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 14 2005,16:23)]I sit near block W and I also left in the second minute of injury time. The look on that skinhead ****'s face when he was directing abuse at the leaving fans was disgusting.

I'm seriously considering moving my season ticket at the end of the season. I don't want to spend money I can hardly afford following the Shrimpers to be insulted by people like this idiot and the stupid pack of dimwits that back him up.
mad.gif
I don't think you wanna come down to S lock. Its almost as rubbish down there...
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Nov. 14 2005,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 14 2005,16:39)]I had to go somewhere sharpish after the game so all I did was vacate my seat to move to the back of the stand and make a sharp exit on the final whistle. Apparantly that makes me a disloyal fan...
rock.gif
We are disloyal Ben.
I know that both of us have been to Bradford, Scunthorpe, Rotherham etc this season and I'm pretty sure that at some stage I didn't stand up when they chanted "stand up if you love Southend" on at least one occasion.
I'm ashamed of myself and feel wrong to call myself a fan...
Where do these bird-brained nobheads get off?
I agree mate. Its been good so far tho, anyway huh.

Perhaps the spotty little ******* would like to explain their actions to everyone, or are they only brave when they are in a pack with their wannabe-hoolie, FAKE stone island clad peers?

I think I know the answer to that already.

had to put up with the chavs on the train, trying to start fights with the swansea fans, give credit to the swansea fans has no one got hold of the bait as the about of abuse directed to them, think the club should inforce under-16's should sit in the family end and any swearing your out

Back